• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I'm sure we all had at least one incident in elementary school that sticks in our minds and is even talked about to this day at high school reunions. Mine involved our up-and-coming thug, I'll just call him "Normy", his mom, Mrs. "Jones" and our 6th grade teacher, Sister Jane.

In those days you had to go to Mass every morning before the start of school if you went to a Catholic school. One particular morning Sr. Jane pulled Normy out of line coming out of church and told him to go home for misbehaving. He lived about 8 blocks away and always walked. Also in those days if you were going to go to Holy Communion you had to fast from Midnight the evening before receiving. Consequently we had donuts and milk delivered in each morning for breakfast after Mass in our own class rooms.

In the middle of our donuts the door was suddenly ripped open and Mrs. Jones came storming in. You just didn't do stuff like that in those days and we all sat there in shocked silence. She went up to Sr. Jane and started screaming about her picking on her "baby" and how she was now in big trouble. (Sr. Jane was the sweetest teacher at our school. She was probably 5'-2 and 120 lbs. (We think the Sisters of No Mercy must have waived the minimum height and weight requirements to let her in because she was 15" too short and 175 lbs too light.)) Anyway, Mrs. Jones and sister went back and forth for several minutes; sister trying to calmly explain the situation and Jones screaming and threatening to go to Father Clark, the bishop and whoever else it took to get her removed and punished.

The most memorable part of the incident was that somehow sister managed to get Jones over to the door and out into the hall. Sister then stepped back in and quickly closed the door. Mrs. Jones yanked it back open and they each pulled and pushed so the door slammed 5 or 6 times. Finally the she-devil left. Poor Sr. Jane was so upset that she just sat down and cried. We all felt so bad for her. We all thought, "Boy if Jones had picked on Sr. Scholastica she would be on the way to the hospital."

Sr. Scholastica taught 8th grade and was probably 5'-10" and a good, solid 175lbs. She didn't take sh*t off anybody. She was fair but firm. If Jones had stomped toward her she would have shoved Jonsey's head so far up her keister that she could have done a dental self-examination from the inside.

Mrs. Jones died a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure the undertaker probably whacked her with a table leg a few times to make sure she wasn't faking it. "Normy" turned out pretty well and I consider him a good friend today. Even though he either beat up or threatened to thump most of my class I know I could trust my life to him.

Sister Jane stayed sweet and we all loved her. I liked Sister Scholastica in 8th grade and admired her also. May their souls rest in peace. BTW if they and Mrs. Jones all went to the same place I hope Sr. Scholastica got there first and was laying for Jones. Sister's rosary beads hanging down on her side might have looked like wood but now I'm pretty sure they were .58 caliber Mini Balls.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    When I was about six I fell off the monkey bars at my school and broke my arm. The bone was sticking through my skin. I went into instant shock and didn't feel any pain, didn't cry, and even got up and walked toward a teacher while YANKING on my bone (thought it was a woodchip :) ). Once inside, they called the wrong parents, and it took about 45 minutes until they decided an ambulance was needed. When the paramedic asked me what was wrong I remember being all too happy to take off my makeshift bandages and move my arm to show him!

What a great day. I remember all the older girls in my school were all very nice to me after that and I got quite a few signatures on my cast :cool:

EDIT: I also remember when they pulled out the pins they set my arm with. They pulled them out using Craftsman pliers! They gave me a local anesthetic so I could watch.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When I got yelled at for walking home before the Blizzard of 78 hit. The bus was late, it had been snowing most of the day, and the neighbor kids and I decided it was quicker to walk home. We lived in the country, no sidewalks, on a major highway, 2 miles away. When you're 8, I guess it's a big deal. I couldn't sit for a week after that.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Was going to a Catholic grade school. Me and my buddy were the biggest kids there. We took every ball on the playground and kicked them up on the roof. Then we went in, got a ladder and proceeded to climb up on the roof. Sister Mother May I or what ever her name was said, "What are you doing?" I lied and said "Sister Whatsamatter With You" or whatever "told us to get the balls off the roof. Not only did I get up on the roof and was able to play Santa, delivering all the balls to the happy little children on the ground, but Sister Mother May I held the ladder for me.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I always wonder what happened to some of the nuns I knew when the 60s hit and the convents emptied out. Sr. Mary Tap Out probably went on to do security work for the Hells Angels. Sr. Crusher probably hit the roller derby circuit.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Not grade school but mom memorable from School is:

In my "cicle of friends" a few of the guys were always taking shots at me, figuratively and literally. One particular kid, wayne, was a total dick to me. Some days he would give me a high five, others he would just punch me. I never knew what was coming. He was much much bigger than me. So i never did anything back. This went on for years. Then he turned 18 and decided to move out of his ****ed up home life and into a hotel. Life got worse for him then. He was an even bigger dick. He decides hes done with school and drops out. To do so, he had to gather a bunch of signatures from various people in the school building and pack up his locker and leave. I was roaming the halls during one of the class periods. I saw him standing in the middle of the hall way. Looking lost confused and staring at a piece of paper. I walked up and asked what was up. He said he couldn't find a few of the people so I guided him around to look for the people and get him all squared away. We got all the sigs and made our way to his locker, I helped him clean it out, and even carried a bunch of stuff out to his truck with him. We got out to his truck. I put his things in the back. he threw his book bag in the back and he looked at me with real appreciation in his eyes. He was a bit humbled, and had a look of slight fear of the unknown as he was about to leave behind all he really knew. He looked at me and said.. "You know, (my last name), all the years I have given you crap. It was you that pulled through for me and helped me get my **** together so i could leave this hell hole....sigh thanks man. " I patted him on the shoulder and said "I was just making sure you left, *******" I slightly pushed him to the side so I could walk past him and back to the building. I got about 20 feet away from him. My back to him. He said "you know, i should kick your ass for that" I kept walking didnt look back, and threw up my middle finger Never talked to him again

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I always wonder what happened to some of the nuns I knew when the 60s hit and the convents emptied out. Sr. Mary Tap Out probably went on to do security work for the Hells Angels. Sr. Crusher probably hit the roller derby circuit.

I hear ya. The buddy of mine who I went to school with had the hell knocked out of him by Sister Alma Marie (real name) but should have been named "Sista Mike Tyson" cause she was a brute. She left an hand print on his back that turned into a bruise, all because he was trying to see how high he could **** up on the wall in the boys restroom (or the "lavatory" as they like to call it). Can't a man have some privacy????

As a side note, one day I read her obituary and told my friend about her passing. His reply?
    "Good."

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I got called to my little brother's class room one day. He was 4 years behind me. He had not shown a note to mom about him being in trouble and behind on some assignments. S'ter sent for me and in front of his whole class of little slobberers ripped me apart for his screw up. I made sure mom and dad found out and they were pretty irked at lil' bro. I'll never forget that nun but can't remember her name.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Lots of memories, but when I read the thread title, this one came to mind.

In 5th grade, I was sitting in class and Paul, the kid next to me started seizing like crazy. I had never seen a seizure before and to this day I have never seen one 1/10 as bad as this one. I'll never forget the look on all of the kids' faces while this violent, 5 minute (it was probably only about 45 seconds, but it felt like it took forever) seizure took place. Obviously our teacher had been notified in advance that Paul had them because he stopped what he was doing, sat down at his desk and patiently waited. Once it was over he just said, "you good?" and continued with his lesson.

Later that year Paul had a birthday party and my friend and I were the only people from the class to show up. I figured that would be the case and that's why I wouldn't have missed it.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Lots of memories, but when I read the thread title, this one came to mind.

In 5th grade, I was sitting in class and Paul, the kid next to me started seizing like crazy. I had never seen a seizure before and to this day I have never seen one 1/10 as bad as this one. I'll never forget the look on all of the kids' faces while this violent, 5 minute (it was probably only about 45 seconds, but it felt like it took forever) seizure took place. Obviously our teacher had been notified in advance that Paul had them because he stopped what he was doing, sat down at his desk and patiently waited. Once it was over he just said, "you good?" and continued with his lesson.

Later that year Paul had a birthday party and my friend and I were the only people from the class to show up. I figured that would be the case and that's why I wouldn't have missed it.

SO MUCH EXTRA ICE CREAM AND CAKE FOR YOU AND THE OTHER TWO!!!!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My most memorable high school moment was day one, minute one of my Freshman year...

An older guy, obviously being forced by his parent's or the police to show up to school was walking around the front doors with a hypodermic needle sticking out of his arm. As he flexed and released his fist, the needle would sway back and fourth.

I thought to myself, "WTF am I getting myself into?"

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I flooded the art room in 7th or 8th grade. Put a bowl in the drain and turned the water on right before we went to lunch. Not a moment I am very proud of but it is funny as hell now.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    In the 8th grade we were in History talking about of all things Potatoes. So our teacher asked if we knew of the "great potato state". We just sat there waiting for the answer and he said "Idaho". So one of the class clowns goes "you are?!" The teacher replied "take your stuff and go sit in the hall." Right as he was finished saying that the fire alarm sounded and we all got up to go outside. He was partially deaf and told us all to sit down. We had to wait for another class to go by before he figured out we needed to leave the class room.

Probably was alot funnier in person at that age then it is now.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    One time, I hit the same dude square in the balls three times in one PE period playing dodge ball. Not my greatest athletic accomplishment by far, but the best one to share on an online gun forum. :D

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    One time, I hit the same dude square in the balls three times in one PE period playing dodge ball. Not my greatest athletic accomplishment by far, but the best one to share on an online gun forum. :D

Had a very similar experience freshman year of hs. Foreign exchange students did not get the concept :):

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    One day I was in the bathroom at school and turned on one of the faucets and held my thumb over it and sprayed most of the walls. A little kid saw me and must have ratted 'cause I got called out into the hall by the principal (The aforementioned Sr. Jane.) She asked, "Ortega, do you know who sprayed the bathroom wall?" I said "No" and kept looking away. She finally said, "Okay. You may go now." I felt so rotten she couldn't have made me feel worse if she had hit me with a ball bat." This was a year after the OP incident from Hell.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    One day I was in the bathroom at school and turned on one of the faucets and held my thumb over it and sprayed most of the walls. A little kid saw me and must have ratted 'cause I got called out into the hall by the principal (The aforementioned Sr. Jane.) She asked, "Ortega, do you know who sprayed the bathroom wall?" I said "No" and kept looking away. She finally said, "Okay. You may go now." I felt so rotten she couldn't have made me feel worse if she had hit me with a ball bat." This was a year after the OP incident from Hell.

My best friend's Dad was the vice principal in HS. Any time I got into trouble and I was taken to the office and dropped off, I politely asked the secretary to see Mr. BF'sDad when he's available...Once or twice he was busy, so she'd ask me if I wanted to talk to VP Mr. Disciplinarian and I'd calmly say, "no, it can wait," and I'd sit down.:):

Top Bottom