• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I have two scopes.

One is a low-midrange Bushnell 1-4x that I put on a muzzle loader. It was about $60 and has served its purpose well. I've had it for five or six years now and it has not needed any adjustment since I first sighted it in. It's perfectly adequate for deer hunting in Indiana.

The other one is a Nikon that usually goes for $320 or so, that I picked up for $165 on eBay. I just got it mounted on my .30-06 and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. This is a general purpose plinking and possible someday hunting gun, and I expect the scope to be adequate for that purpose too.

I think one difference in this thread is what people are using these scopes for. Precision shooting at 600 yards in the dark? Yeah, you're going to need to spend some serious money on that. Throwing something on a Marlin Model 60 to plink with? You might not need to spend three grand on that.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I think one difference in this thread is what people are using these scopes for. Precision shooting at 600 yards in the dark? Yeah, you're going to need to spend some serious money on that. Throwing something on a Marlin Model 60 to plink with? You might not need to spend three grand on that.

i was just getting ready to post the same thing. my nf will be used in f-class shoots. i cant be competitive if them with a 60 dollar walmart scope. however i can kill a squirel with a 60 dollar walmart scope

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I'm deciding between a NF 5.5-22 or 8-32 for 1k competitions.
    I'll probably opt for the lesser power as I've never needed more than 20-25X at 1k and I don't like losing 15 minutes of wind adjustment.

topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    When I started this thread I was curious to see if people in Indiana were into the seriously expensive optics when our state isn't known for the long shots of states out west. I hadn't thought about night shooting.

The most expensive scope I've ever bought was a Bushnell Elite 3200 10X fixed for $200. I only hunt squirrel and deer and plink around.

Thanks for all of the replies. Interesting!

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Mine is a Unertl Programmer 200, 24x..... it was mounted up on one of my Winchester 52's for a while..a GREAT scope and definately old school.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom