• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will0369

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Westfield
    Just would like to hear some general thoughts on this subject, nothing is off limits, caliber, weight, expense. Think of your most wildest and costly, then write it down

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    My SKS is extremely accurate.

Just outta curiousity how accurate is "extremely" ??

-What kind of groups do you get at say 50 and 100 yds??
    -Do you reload or shoot factory ammo, or surplus??

I know the SKS isn't generally known for accuracy, i'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect. I picked up a Yugo awhile back and i've only had the opportunity to run 80-100 rds through it, and that was just having fun not really trying to judge accuracy.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I'm not integraholic, but with mine I can get half-dollar sized groups with GOOD ammunition and Tech-Sites at 50 yards, a bit bigger at 100 yards.

The biggest problem is the barrel - too skinny. As it heats up it will start shooting in circles.

The civilian version of the M21/24, the match grade M1A Springfield, will shoot circles around most other semi autos and most bolt actions in that caliber.

Josh

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Havn't shot a lot of semi-auto rifles, but I know my Marlin Mod. 60 .22lr is extremely accurate at say 75-100 yards. I've got a Bushnell Sportsman (3-9x40) scope on it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For me it was a tuned Merkel. The rifle was tuned by a smith in the HC, handloaded ammo and a crystal clear Swar optic, off a bench on a windless day near Bern.

Will, keep in mind that there are many variables in what makes an "ackawrit":D rifle, first, the shooter, ammunition, bedding, trigger, crowning, caliber, inter alia.

As well, keep in mind the distinction between inherent accuracy and practical accuracy.

Lots of good guns out there, fewer good shooters.:D

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't own this rifle. The Stag 7 AR rifle in 6.8SPC II shooting SSA accubond 110 grain bullets, shot a 0.11 group at 100 yards (book of the AR15, G&A).

Best group average was 0.28. The author shot (5) (3) shot groups.

I know there is a movement to use (10) shot groups as the true test of a rifle's grouping. Still, I found that impressive out of a commercially available and economically priced rifle.

The going retail price at the time was $1055 (right hand) and $1095 (left hand).

I am not a big fan of the 6.8SPC, but that got my attention.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    according to this article the PSG-1 is the Most Accurate Semi-Auto in the world. And also saying its the standard all other rifles are compared too. I'd really like to have one someday...

H&K PSG-1

But if I spend that much on a rifle, it might just be a Cheytac instead

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    AR10T, DPMS SASS or 24'' model or a GAP built AR/DPMS 308. I have had the 10T and SASS and I could shoot 1 MOA and i bet they could have done better.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I shot my cousins browning bar in 243 and it did great work on woodchucks at 300 yards. Simple old leupold 6 power M8 scope with the fine cross hair and dot.
    Just a Japan model with that ugly BOSS on the end of the tube.

I still ask him if he wants to sell it every year or so. So far he said he would trade it even for my old win 94. He know i will never part from the 94 till the daughters get the whole lot.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    My most accurate rifle is my S&W M&P AR15 in 5.45x39cal. it will shoot a mag full and not get out of a 1" circle at 100yds with surplus ammo.
    p0igi.jpg

It has a large scope on it now.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom