• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    I have 2 Anshutz 54 Sporter's 1 is 22 mag,I bought a CZ 452 when they first came out in 2001 for $200.00 from a Dealer his Last one he said it was a tack driver,I took it home out of the Box and put it in a Lock down shooting set up I use to test rifle.s and hand guns,the 452 at 25 yds put 5 in a group you could cover with a pencil eraser it shot as good as my Anshutz's,so,it became my new shooter,put the Anshutz.s up,the trigger adjustment on the 452 is not as good but is better than most I have shot.Ammo used was Eley Gold Bench.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    A Ruger 10-22 with a heavy barrel. You can do just about anything you want to customize a Ruger. The parts are never-ending and are available all over the internet and at various shows, like the 1500.
    +1 with the Ruger heavy barrel. The only problem with it is the chamber is a match chamber, and they say that you should not fire the hyper velocity ammo in it. Those have a case length that is a tad longer than the standard and high velocity ammo.:)

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Nearly any bolt action will be more accurate than a semi auto. I'd go in that direction for accuracy. There's lots of choices, and like the contributer said before me, the 77/22 is the best bet but a little saltier in price. Be patient, look around.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    In many rimfire matches that I have attended over the years there are a few models that seem to always be in the top of the leader boards. Maybe these same guys could shoot anything better than I. Many of these matches are open sight but some are scoped shoots also.

Annie 54 and 64s
    Rem 40X (and 541 or 5 teen rifles including the 511.)
    Win model 52's ( I see fewer of these at matches they must be in the safe)
    Kimber 82g's (CMP rifles)
    custom 10-22's (Lots of them used and a few are really good most are average)

Once again it may be the shooters over the rifles but when you get to the level of all 10 shot in the 10 ring then the rifle helps deciede the match.

I did see a fun shoot (one shot at 25, 50, 75, 100 yards) at the club. Open to all rifles scoped, open match ect. The rifle that won that match was a savage mark i-FVT that had been equiped with a scope instead of the open sights. That rifle costs around 250 dollars.

Top Bottom