• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Has anyone had any experience rebuilding/assembling a trigger assembly for a mossberg 702 Plinkster semi auto?

I have one that is currently in peices.

Mossberg won't rebuild it, won't sell a complete trigger assembly, or give out instructions on how to do it myself.

I picked the rifle up for practically nothing, i don't want to dump a fortune into it, but i hate to see it go to no use what so ever. I have had several people look at it, all scratched their heads, i can't figure it out either. any help?!

...might be a lost cause...

Last edited:

jadon.wilkinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    if you have not found on i can show you how to put it all back together its actually quite easy once you do it the first time i took mine apart with no help and it took me about an hour to figure it out now i can take i apart and put it back together fast if you want to see mine also go to this site mossberg 702 plinkster trigger job - TheHighRoad.US i did a trigger job on that one

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    i actually have not found out how yet.

is there a link to the instructions somewhere?

Last edited:

jadon.wilkinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    there is no link but i will try and post a video of how to do it i have ****y camera or if you want to do like a video chat i can show you that way if i cant get good enough quality with my cam

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    well, I don't have video chat capapbility (gasp! it's almost 2010!) so..... posting a video might work the best for me. I did get a little inspired last night, I tried searching google and yahoo for just such info, no luck.

dude, massive kudos to you if you can help me out. It would be really awesome.

where are you located? anywhere close to me?

jadon.wilkinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    killeen texas man but i am going to re zaro it tomorrow i will try to poast a you tube fid of step by step on it but like i said crappy camera but i will try to do it if not we can figure somthin out to get you gun back together

jadon.wilkinson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    hey man my camera wont work right it wont let me post it on you tube i guess if you have yahoo messanger i can talk you through it step by step or somthing

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    i don't have yahoo messenger, i could install it, I'm sure. Is there anywhere you know of that might have a step by step with pictures? no rush, currently, the rifle is with a gunsmith who is "gonna get to it when he has time." he's actually getting it back to me on sunday. so i will be ready to attempt tackling it then. Keep me posted on what you think.

cwalsh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    1. Sry. cant PM yet..... But no mine is still also in pieces. from the research ive done, the spring that is in the trigger group that is giving us so much trouble actually requires a special tool to put it back in? either you can send it to mossberg and they will repair it for free (you just have to pay postage) or take it to a gunsmith. But again i am unsure because ive heard of people putting it back in on their own. i will keep trying and will let you know anything i find out. Its a great gun, i was just cleaning mine and took the trigger assembly apart and couldnt get it back together! (i guess your not supposed to do that):dunno:

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    mossberg will repair it for free?! heck, I'll just go that route. I wonder how much shipping is..?

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    holy resurrected thread batman!

I finally got my mossberg 702 reassembled. My bottle/can/squirrel gun is back!

DSCN0858.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom