• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hootenholler

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    jefferson co
    has anyone seen, shot, held, priced or just have any opionions on that mossberg .22 tactical that looks like a ar-15..it says in a magizine it sells for $250....thats not bad at all...just something im kinda intrested in seeing if it would be any better bang for buck better than m&P .22

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    I haven't shot one but I have held them and they feel cheap. all mossberg did was build a plastic AR body around the 702 plinkster. they have them in stock at gander mountain if you want to check them out.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Held one at BGF and it looked and felt cheap. Spend a little more and get a S&W 15-22 or a Ruger 10/22 with a new factory 25 round mag.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I've held one at Gander - feels like what you would expect for a AR style rifle around $250. But, for that price point, I think it would make a fun .22 plinking option.

Has anyone shot one?

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was looking at those a lot. I planned on buying a rifle my boys could shoot and enjoy. This was the main one I as looking at. There has been a lot of chat about them on the site.

I also have held one and I liked the way it feels. From what I hear so do jam a bit until you get them broke in. Something like 1 in 10 or 1 in 20. While they are a cheaper rifle I think they would be a lot of fun to plink with.

I didn't get one but it was nothing to do with the rifle. What I did was take my Marlin 70, add a scope, and bi pod. In that gun I got less than $100 in it so it was a better option for me.

Edit* where did you find the for $250? For that price I might pick one up after all

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I looked at one at Dunhams in Richmond. Felt really cheap. I have a S&W 15-22 for my son. He loves it.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    I wasn't overly impressed with the one I got a chance to shoot. For the price it is what it is though. If I was looking at a Moss 22 I would get the 60.

If you already have an AR it would be cheaper to pick up a conversion kit.

Top Bottom