• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Now that July 4th camping is over with, I'm covered with mosquito bites, as per usual. I don't know what it is about me, but not only do mosquitoes love to feast on me, but I'm apparently highly allergic to their saliva. If a mosquito even LOOKS at me, I'll get an annoyingly-itchy spot that stays for two weeks.

So far, I've found NOTHING that comes even close to reducing the itch or "healing" the bite faster. Calamine, Benadryl, hydrocortisone cream, etc. do little or nothing beyond (possibly) a placebo effect. Any effect they do have fades after an hour or so. What effective home remedies do you use against mosquito bites?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Bacon grease. It fixes most everything. :yesway:

You could probably still benefit from the effects even after you've used it to pop popcorn once.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    2hfm1xc.png

11syp7t.jpg

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    I used afterbite for kids, its a little tube and it works for me! I just used it yesterday. Of course, the best action is to prevent them, and THERMOCELL is what keeps them away!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I take showers that are just a few microKelvin short of boiling. I'm not sure if it helps me any.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I used afterbite for kids, its a little tube and it works for me! I just used it yesterday. Of course, the best action is to prevent them, and THERMOCELL is what keeps them away!

Afterbite's active ingredient is ammonia. I can confirm that it works, sort of. At least as well as anything else out there. A bit of ammonia on a cotton ball sometimes brings a little relief.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    If I'm ever bitten and the itch is too much for me, I use mud. Most people just use mud for bee stings, but I find that if I mix a little dirt and water, then make a "mask" of sorts, it helps me immensely, if only for a few hours.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Top Bottom