• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Next time around, look into a 229 two step either with a threaded barrel, or you can buy one for it from Barsto, Firedragon, or, of course, Sig. It's not much more money, and unlike the skeeter, runs like a Sig should.

bonsaijackson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    I too was considering the mosquito, you made the wise choice for sure, the p22 turned out to be a much much better gun! The only drawback is the lack of high cap mags so far. I do not like the extender option as the slide doesn't lock back when empty. Gun has been flawless since day one.

I highly suggest if your interested in getting a laser to go with the viridian green laser that's cutom made for the p22. For some reason, the p22 version is one of the few that's not $300 or more. I got mine on ebay for $165 and absolutely love it. Sooo much brighter than red lasers!

p22 :rockwoot: mosquito :ugh:

M4_556

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    I own a p22 and like it. The Mark II/III is probably a little more reliable and accurate but is a pain to disassemble. All p22s come threaded, you have to buy a $30-40 adapter to convert and extend the threads. If you're going to suppress, the p22 is the cheapest host. I haven't shot the misquito so won't pass any third hand knowledge.

cherrynutz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Bremen
    My Misquito is broke pretty good right now. Put the safety on and...you guess it. It fires. Also, it's pretty much a single shot right now. Shoot one round and you have to manually extract the casing. I need to send it back to Sig to get fixed. Anyone know the procedure for that?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I've had/have both. Started with a P22 and an ACC Pilot can. Ran fine with sub sonics. No jams or FTF's. Switched to the mosquito because it was a larger frame. It has issues, especially with sub sonics.

IUalum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Most mosquitos run fine using CCI mini mags. Sig even recommends that ammo for reliability. Mine runs perfectly on CCI, I even got a coupon for $10 back on 4 boxes from Sig. I like the feel of the mosquito and it looks really cool with the Tac65 can on it.

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Ive owned both the P22 and Mosquito. My P22 jammed every other round the magazine would pop free while shooting and was just a horrid pistol. However my friend has a P22 that will eat almost anything and is no way like mine. My Mosquito isnt as ammo picky as everyone makes it out to be and I havent had any problems with it.

Always remember you are more likely to find 10 negative posts about a gun for every one positive post. These are the ways of the internet.

Top Bottom