• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    i may have screwed up the gun, but do not call me bubba. i am sure you have done some dumb things too.
    besides, maybe you should read the whole post before you pass judgement.
    i thought the weapon was junk, so i practiced engraving on it. if i thought there was any hope for it i would not have done that.

Relax.

I see what happened - page 2 this thread morphs from sticky bolts to a thread about a gun you scrapped. That's cool. I'm you intention was to practice not to make it a "super cool" gun like Bubba would.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Wow! What did Bubba do to that gun? What's with the swirl pattern on the receiver?

Relax.

I see what happened - page 2 this thread morphs from sticky bolts to a thread about a gun you scrapped. That's cool. I'm you intention was to practice not to make it a "super cool" gun like Bubba would.

I appreciate you explaining yourself. it just hit me the wrong way. it felt very insulting. i am ok now.:xmad: no i am ok now.:( almost there.:): yes there it is.:rockwoot:

and i am the first to admit i made it ugly. i cant engrave, i am glad i learned that on a 175 dollar rifle and not a 500 dollar hand gun.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Don't sweat it... I'm looking at it as a challenge. I'm still weighing my options as far as iron sights vs. scope. That decision is basically going to come down to cost. It's going to be a fun shooter, perfect barrel or not! I really don't get these guns for their collector value anyhow. :)
    you do relize i was not talking to you when i said that right?
    when you get the opertunity,(damnit i cant spell!) maybe you can help with an idea.
    Revolver, that shoots 7.62x54r.
    pm me, we will chat.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    i fixed mine by boiling the bolt and parts, then by running boiling water down the barrel and i plugged the barrel with a cotton ball and left some boiling water sit in the chamber to loosen up the cosmoline and then scrubbed the whole bloody gun till my hands hurt. no trouble since

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Mine does that too. Can only get about ten shots off before she jams after a good cleaning. Was not shooting the laquer ammo either, but the galvanized orange like casings. I may try what the guy above said as well.

Best of luck,

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    7.62x54R Pistol

Okay, it's not a revolver, but... :):

obrezmotivate.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Okay, it's not a revolver, but... :):

The problem is that the receiver is registered as a rifle, so you can't just make it a handgun by hacking it up even though it physically meets the requirements.

But, if you start with a antique receiver like you'd find on a Finnish rifle, then it'd be legal, but reprehensible.

green55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Marion County
    The problem is that the receiver is registered as a rifle, so you can't just make it a handgun by hacking it up even though it physically meets the requirements.

But, if you start with a antique receiver like you'd find on a Finnish rifle, then it'd be legal, but reprehensible.

Just make sure your fine friends at the BATFE don't have an issue with you doing this, especially in Indiana. If we can't have sawed-off shotguns, I'm not sure that sawing even an antique rifle would be kosher.

I'm no lawyer (by a long shot) so I guess do all the research you can and maybe send a couple e-mails/letters to the right people to CYA in all aspects!

Top Bottom