• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    OK - Mark your calendars please!! As of tonight I have a date supposed to be set with my club for the 2013 Mosin Shoot. It is Saturday, June 22. Hope that works reasonably well for everyone. Bring your friends - loan them a Mosin to shoot! Let's make it a real Mosin event!

Les

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    I'm going to try to get a web page up for the 2013 Military Rifle Shoot with details, during the next few weeks. Am headed strongly towards making this a bolt-action-only military service rifle shoot with the only restriction being that the barrel must be original. That should let a lot of people shoot their bolt guns of whatever military origin, and not have to compete with the high dollar rifles used in CMP competition.

Any comments before the site goes up?

Les

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That should let a lot of people shoot their bolt guns of whatever military origin, and not have to compete with the high dollar rifles used in CMP competition.

:yesway:

Garand shooter have enough competitions for themselves. Bolt Only is the way to go.

Now do I go with the Finn M39, The Polish M44 or the Swede? :dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Please make sure you add it to the INGO calendar! Also, now that you've got a firm date, close this thread and open a thread in the INGO Events subforum with all of the details to make it easy for INGO members to find it. You can even link that thread in the Calendar entry.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    :yesway:

Garand shooter have enough competitions for themselves. Bolt Only is the way to go.

Now do I go with the Finn M39, The Polish M44 or the Swede? :dunno:

I say go with all three guns! Planning on making it a cheap enough entry to shoot multiple guns or same gun multiple times - or same gun with multiple shooters - whatever you want. I'm thinking $5 per 1-target 5-shot entry might make it interesting and get a fair amount of multiple entries. I know I have a number of guns and friends who wouldn't mind shooting them. Don't like your score or had a flyer - then just pay again and reshoot. Want it to be fun and not too serious of a competition. Have to think of some limitations, though.

Les

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Please make sure you add it to the INGO calendar! Also, now that you've got a firm date, close this thread and open a thread in the INGO Events subforum with all of the details to make it easy for INGO members to find it. You can even link that thread in the Calendar entry.

OK - will close this thread as soon as I get the web page up and it posted as an INGO event

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Sorry for askin but what town is it in?

Think South Bend, but the range is actually near Edwardsburg, MI right across the state line. You will be able to shoot at either or both of 50 and 100 yards (unless you have a scope - then only shoot 100 yards). I'll post rules and the program on a web page and list it as an Ingo event soon. Considering having a $5 entry getting you one SR-1 target, and one 5-shot group in the competition at either distance. Want more tries or to use different rifles, or to shoot at both distances - then enter more times. I think that most people who drive in for it will want to enter multiple times. We will have all day - morning and all afternoon to shoot - as much time as we want - and the range will be closed for our event.

Will be open to bolt action or straight pull service rifles with original barrels. Sporters of service rifles will be welcome. Special bolt action military (target) rifles are welcome to shoot as exhibition, but not as part of the competition.

High score for 50 yard iron sight, 100 yard iron sight, and 100 yard scoped classes will win their class. In event of a tie, smallest group overall breaks the tie. 50% of entry fee goes to club, 35% to first place, and 15% to second place in each class. That's all I should say for now, and this might be subject to change at any time before the web page and INGO event announcement is published. Once the event is published, I won't change anything after that - so if you have any proposed ideas for any changes PM me.

Les

Last edited:

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Wasn't able to make it last year, but hope to make it this year. :yesway:

I think it's a great idea and am hoping to do something similar at our club in Elkhart (St. Joseph County Restoration Club), but I'm not sure that we've got room in our schedule for it.

Isn't that in Osceola? Schedule it and ill do my best to be there. Did the last bowling pin shoot last year and will be coming to those regularly-big fun for me

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I would definitely be down for this. I'm acquiring a 91/30 with a bipod and scope mount already installed this weekend. Are there any rules against unsing a bipod?

Wasn't able to make it last year, but hope to make it this year. :yesway:

I think it's a great idea and am hoping to do something similar at our club in Elkhart (St. Joseph County Restoration Club), but I'm not sure that we've got room in our schedule for it.

I'd also be interested in this. If you ever get around to it then please let INGO know!

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    I would definitely be down for this. I'm acquiring a 91/30 with a bipod and scope mount already installed this weekend. Are there any rules against unsing a bipod?

I'd also be interested in this. If you ever get around to it then please let INGO know!

Bipod should be fine if you want to use one. Just no one piece rests like lead sleds.

Les

Top Bottom