• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    The mosin is the back bone of russian arms there alot of history there i own a 91-30 and a m-44 i love them both. and they both shoot great at the price of them right now by two they wont be this cheap for ever

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Wikipedia (I know....) said sights weren't adjustable and were made to shoot 8" high for poorly trained soldiers aiming at belt. Are you guys keeping original iron sights or upgrading? Seems goofy to put a $100 sight on a $70 gun.
    But then again... Anyone can get get breast implants so maybe you can overbuild the frame a bit and still be OK

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Wikipedia (I know....) said sights weren't adjustable and were made to shoot 8" high for poorly trained soldiers aiming at belt. Are you guys keeping original iron sights or upgrading? Seems goofy to put a $100 sight on a $70 gun.
    But then again... Anyone can get get breast implants so maybe you can overbuild the frame a bit and still be OK

this is nothing more than kentucky wingage and yes/no be adjusted its a dovel sight just harder to fine tune stock sights are fine if you upgrade the sight people like me dont look twice at the gun

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011

The rear sight is most certainly adjustable for elevation, and here is a link to a little adjustment tool, to adjust the front sight to windage.

Collecting and Shooting the Military Surplus Rifle (2005) - Surplusrifle.com

Cheers

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Was that a "rhetorical question?"

Lets see, I have Russian MN's, Finn MN's, Polish MN's, Hungarian MN's,Romanian MN's, East German MN's, old MN's, new MN's, and everything in between MN's. Heck, I even have a rifle to train you to shoot MN's! What was the question again?:D

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    There's a guy on here, user name Josh Smith I believe, who you can mail your mn front sight to and he'll put an height adjustable post on it so you can zero it. Windage is adjustable by drifting the front sight opposite of the direction you need to go.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Russian 1891/30 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant Rifles

Father's day is around the corner and these are priced at impulse buy levels. Almost bought one at the 1500. Rounds are cheap too. Plus one at a time conserves ammo.

I'd appreciate your opinions. I have a WASR-10 as my
    Only long gun currently.

:dunno:I only have 14 Mosins....so let me think:rolleyes:??? MY ANSWER IS YES!!!! They are comparitivly cheap fun, make a big bang, and spews satisfatory amounts of flame. A small piece of heat shrink slipped over the front post and trimmed can sometimes help if you have an elevation problem. Oh, don't forget to put your bayo on when shooting... they are great for marshmellows and hot dogs...:):

Top Bottom