• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    No they are not getting scarce again there are more buyers out there buying them up. So the price is starting to go up as a result of this new found interest. There are places out there that still have some in stock it just takes a little more looking.
    Back when I bought my first Mosin a Polish M44 I had my choice at only $60, today I have seen them going for as high as $325 for a good one.
    Just do a search for "Mosin Nagant rifles for sale" & you will get a load of places selling these fine rifles.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    They are getting thinner at shows I'll say that much. I use to see 20+ at any given show. Last show I counted 5 total, in all variations. Does that mean they are drying up, who knows. I see them all over online.

D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Of course they are online, easy to find that. I prefer to hand select in person. Last Kokomo gunshow, I did NOT see a single one. I'm used to that place being loaded with them. Even my local stores (Bull'seye, Down by the tracks etc.) don't even have one, that I seen.
    I'm also used to buying mosins at $80-$110 (91/30). I';m mainly curious as to where they are going. But, damn this new found "interest"...

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Even some of the big guys, like Aim Surplus, are out right now. Is this the end of the line? I don't think so, probably just a lull while the next batch is on a boat. Seems like there was a dry spell a couple or 3 years ago then overnight they were everywhere again.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We have about sixty 91/30s in-house right now. They have been getting harder to find at the wholesale level (fewer distributors have them in-stock), and the ones we have received recently haven't been quite as nice as previous batches we've gotten this year. BUT prices haven't gone up appreciably, and there have even been some carbines available again (Type 53s, essentially a Chinese M44; rough, but relatively inexpensive).

What does the future hold for the Mosin-Nagant supply chain? You can never tell in the world of surplus, but buy sooner rather than later, because there WILL eventually be an end. Until, of course, the Russians decide they need some more cash and "find" another warehouse full of guns... ;)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I was a Midwest Guns in South Bend about a week ago. They had a few cases stacked up. they were 129 and change. I paid 80 last year when they were on sale. The normal then was 99.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I know for a fact that Bradis has them for around $129--some for a few more, some for a little less +/- $20. I had hoped to find a good deal on one at the Indy 1500 last month. The only one I found was $800 (not sure why). Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I know for a fact that Bradis has them for around $129--some for a few more, some for a little less +/- $20. I had hoped to find a good deal on one at the Indy 1500 last month. The only one I found was $800 (not sure why). Maybe I didn't look hard enough.

You didn't look hard enough!
    We sold a case of them at the last 1500! $115 out the door price!

D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    What does the future hold for the Mosin-Nagant supply chain? You can never tell in the world of surplus, but buy sooner rather than later, because there WILL eventually be an end. Until, of course, the Russians decide they need some more cash and "find" another warehouse full of guns... ;)

I will be sure to keep everything in mind. A wall of Russian

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Was at Bradis a couple of weeks ago and they had several odd-ball MN's in there rack, ( all @ around $120.00 OTD) including a 1943 low wall reciever 91/30 and a 1926 Tula PM stamped. Anytime I am up around Indy I make it a point to stop by an check out there Mosin's, I am never disappointed.

:yesway:

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    They are getting thinner at shows I'll say that much. I use to see 20+ at any given show. Last show I counted 5 total, in all variations. Does that mean they are drying up, who knows. I see them all over online.

i counted maybe 10-15 at the 1500 in october

some moron tried to sell me a m44 for 250 while a dealer had one on his table for 150

Top Bottom