• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyrusvirus1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I am considering picking up a Mosin. However I am a stounch made in USA guy who loves lever guns and revolvers. But the thought of another solid rifle in the arsenal is tempting for only $100 or so. Are they solid, or junk?

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    This is life changing. Once you buy you cannot go back.

pill.jpg

Take the red pill you buy a Mosin and become addicted and enjoying taking baths in cosmoline for all of eternity

Take the blue pill and you realize that you don't want a Mosin. Instead you will go meditate instead of destroying your bank account $100 at a time.

:D

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Buy a crate and arm your friends lol seriously you wont be disappointed. I saw somewhere if you buy a crate you get the awesome wooden crate they came in

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You can shoot enormous 7.62x54R with massive fireballs for less per round than 9mm, and the rifle will still be worth $100 if you decide you don't care for it. But I think you'll like it.

Another Russian relic you might be interested is the Nagant M1895 revolver Nagant M1895 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - also goes for about $100. The cartridges are very bizarre: there is a mechanism for moving the cylinder forward to seal the case to the barrel to prevent gas leakage.

As far as your fondness for made in the USA - what better way to celebrate the cold war victory than by playing with the enemy's weapons stockpiles?

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Buy it. I just bought one a couple weeks back and bought enough ammo to shoot an entire day for 20 bucks. I was hilarious, and enjoyable. Ultra accurate. . .maybe not. Good for 100 bucks. . .absolutely.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    They are amazing. I have two now and love them. You wont regret it like every body has already said

Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    I had the same question. I was in Bradis tonight and thought real hard at buying one. I'm not familiar with these at all. They have them marked at various prices. None more than $149 I think. Would these be good to teach basic rifle shooting and basic marksmanship with or should I look at something else? My kids (teenagers) and I want to work together on some shooting skills. I thought some history wouldn't hurt either. Thoughts?

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    also, remember, once you buy one you have to buy more, its a disease, and spreads like the plague lol im buying a M1895 Nagant Revolver tomorrow as a compliment to my Mosin Nagant, super excited

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    I had the same question. I was in Bradis tonight and thought real hard at buying one. I'm not familiar with these at all. They have them marked at various prices. None more than $149 I think. Would these be good to teach basic rifle shooting and basic marksmanship with or should I look at something else? My kids (teenagers) and I want to work together on some shooting skills. I thought some history wouldn't hurt either. Thoughts?

Get thee to an Appleseed! You will learn foundational marksmanship skills as well as the history of your own country. The Mosin is a heavy recoiling rifle, not for the faint of heart. You can learn the skills on a 22 and they will transfer well to larger caliber rifles.

As for the OP, find someone that will let you shoot theirs. You'll know pretty quickly if they are for you or not. I've owned several, but only have one left. They are what they are: cheap, surplus rifles, made in massive quantities and they'll likely never go very high in collector value; I'll take an M1 Garand any day.:patriot:

Top Bottom