• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    I'm all for keeping a few around in their unmolested, nostalgic, rough around the edges communist glory. But since they made about 8 trillion of these things, I say let's play around with a few and see what folks come up with!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The Saiga 12 bullpup looks interesting with a 20 round drum.

:eek:

index.jpg

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I'm kinda having a problem with my face this close to the action for something that wasn't designed to contain and direct exploding chambers down. Ammo issues do happen. Not often, but I don't want my face close to one when it does. Especially when shooting old surplus ammo.

tdkahn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Bullpup is fine for semi or full auto, but not ideal for bolt action. I'm really suprised they didn't have their own version for a 10/22. I did like the fact that the videos showing how to do the conversions were on the site, so you can get an idea as to what you're getting into.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    im wondering if the mosin m44 that i have to reheadspace would be an interesting set up. though bolt under my head and a hell of a flash just in front of my face...........

im thinkin im gonna stick with the dangerous game rifle project for it. the stock will cost me 350 but at least its exhabition grade wood :)

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    :puke:

This is all i have to say about this crap.

NO mosin should look like something its not. Nor look like a rail gun. Or a bolt action laser rifle.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I have a pretty sweet Mosin build I'm doing. Its going to consist of a m44 chopped and recrowned to 14" with a welded 2" barret style muzzle brake inside the Cossack stock.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I was looking very seriously at one of those about a year ago. My dad and I collect mosins (finn), and I even bought a run of the mill russian just with that in mind. Then when I got it home and detail stripped/cleaned (I got a pretty one), I decided to let it sit around as a stock mosin. I have too many projects right now to buy something I really cant justify... haha. I like it because you can assemble it without modifying the rifle. if you had to hack anywhere, my opinion would change!

When I had a few "cheap" sks's hanging around a few years ago I would have been all over it! Those look pretty good I think. Not a fan of the AK stock though.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    For the price of that bullpup stock and a Mosin, you could have an rifle that's actually decent (Remington 700 ADL, Savage, etc.....) and not look like an idiot shooting it.

Top Bottom