• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I've been kicking the idea of converting an M91/30 to the sniper configuration. However, I don't want to change the beautiful rifle I have, and IMO it's not very cost-effective to convert. What are your opinions on a fair price of an M91/30 sniper? I know an original is going to be a bit out of my price range---I'm more interested in a "repro" so to speak. Classic Arms had one for $400 plus shipping and FFL...are there any cheaper ones out there? It seems I could almost get a PSL-54C for just a bit more. Thank you! :ingo:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Moore's C&R

If you're wanting pricing information, this guy's the one to get in touch with.

He's a M/N and Mauser guru.

He's not local to you, though...he's in the Rushville area. Might be worth an email to get a price quote... add $25 or so for shipping and then go from there?

-J-

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    400 is as cheap as you are going to find a repro Mosin sniper. A real Mosin sniper will run 900 to 1300 dollars so 400 is cheap. They are neat rifles. I have a real one myself.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Sounds like a fun project. I did a quick peek on gunbroker and 400 does sound like a deal. The is an original sniper with 40s era scope but repro mount for 530. His ad brings some questions to my mind.
    On his the bolt is turned down, is this original to the sniper rifles?
    Is the trigger better on the original snipers as he infers?
    Muzzle not counter bored, again is the an indicator of a sniper rifle?

The auction I am referring to is 91/30 Mosin nagant sniper Original PU rifle : Curios and Relics at GunBroker.com

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sounds like a fun project. I did a quick peek on gunbroker and 400 does sound like a deal. The is an original sniper with 40s era scope but repro mount for 530. His ad brings some questions to my mind.
    On his the bolt is turned down, is this original to the sniper rifles?
    Is the trigger better on the original snipers as he infers?
    Muzzle not counter bored, again is the an indicator of a sniper rifle?

The auction I am referring to is 91/30 Mosin nagant sniper Original PU rifle : Curios and Relics at GunBroker.com
    That is a genuine sniper rifle. These were given to Yugoslavia after WWII. For whatever reason, the optics were removed prior to importation. So they are original snipers with the original bent bolts and original stock cut outs but the mount and optics are missing. They are pretty neat. I happen to have one of these as well but I have not added the mount and optics yet. It is on my "to do" list. The triggers on the snipers "can" be better, the early ones for sure, the later ones are hit and miss. A correct scope from WWII will run about 200.00 or so, the mount 120.00 or so and the rifle 150.00 to 250.00 depending on condition. So the asking price is not out of line at all.

After reading ALL of the description, I did notice that it said that one pin hole needs drilled out. These were imported with all the holes since the mounts were there before. This rifle either has the mount holes in a different spot (possible since it is a new mount) or this rifle never had holes to begin with. A great mystery is that a few of these rifles were imported with the correct sniper bolt and sniper stock but the receiver was never drilled for the mount. This might be the case here. They were all original parts and were imported that way but for some reason, Yugoslavia had them stored in this configuration. As a matter of fact, I had one just like this as well. I did sell it though a couple of years back.

Last edited:

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Found it for you

Mosin Scope Mount System

Mosin Nagant scope mount system! Mounts on the receiver top with sure locking screws, includes all drill bits and taps needed to install. includes a stainless steel bolt handle to turn your straight bolt into a turned down bolt allowing you to work the bolt without hitting your scope. Weaver rail system (see our rings below for the perfect ring for your new mount!) Turn that inexpensive Mosin into a world class shooter or trophy hunting rifle. Also see our Mosin synthetic Monte Carlo stock under "stocks" to complete the package! Detailed instructions included. RI-MNT-MOS $49.99
    Mosin Nagant Parts and Accessories
    You'll need rings, a scope, and of course a Mosin. If you try it out let me know, as I just got my first one today.

Top Bottom