• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • handyman1028

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    loaded my new baby today, found out that the spring in the magazine locks in to position and doesnt allow the spring to push up on the rounds. my ? is do i need to replace the springs or is the somee other trick i can try:n00b:

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Take it apart and clean it really good I bet there is still cosmoline in that thing, I have 4 and every one had to be completely stripped and cleaned.

2nd let the release on the bottom open up and visually inspect the spring if I remember right it is just spring steel should be 2 or 3 folds I don't remember. Make sure the follower moves freely thru the well.

If you are still having problems after you clean and inspect it PM me I will disassemble mine and try to walk you through it.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Yup. Cosmo it is. If you have mineral spirits (the kind found in brake wash tanks), just let it soak over night.

The petroleum spirits will dissolve most of the cosmo right out of there.

handyman1028

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    ok i cleaned it well but it still wont push up on the first round when it is full plus i cant close the bolt when a round is in the chamber.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    O.K I am not trying to be an ass here but you do have the correct ammo 7.62x54r right?

PM me and you can txt me a pic of the ammo and the round in the chamber and the bolt I will see what I can do for you.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I'm trying to visualize the issue here, but from what I can tell, you're having trouble loading/feeding ammunition through your Mosin variant. How many rounds are you able to feed into the magazine? I've noticed when loading my Mosin(s), that if you only have four rounds in the magazine and push the round on top just a tad further, they have a tendency to catch a little lower than the bolt can reach and they won't feed/chamber.

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    I'm lost on the not being able to close the bolt with one in the tube...

Does this happen only when the mag is loaded?

Just went and tried to make mine jam I can't do it. It will only hold 5. Couldn't fit 6 if I used a hammer so I know you are not overloading it.

Drop the bottom out of the magwell and try to chamber a single round.

Is there still a problem after that?

I need pics.

handyman1028

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    sorry camera is with wifey, if i take one out it will chamber a round but the bolt wont close all the way.. i found out what was happening when the spring jams. it catches on the rivet that it ataches to as if it slides forward when you load all five rounds

Top Bottom