• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My favorite coffee is FREE. If I'm buying it is Maxwell house original, grew up on it. I've had starbucks and other fancy stuff, I just like to keep it simple.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I drink all my coffee black. I don't think i have ever tried a foo-foo coffee. I guess i'm afraid I might like it.

When we were in the field in the Army we would drink coffee made in an iron pot with grounds and water. That the best I ever drank but it was black and hot although you had to chew it sometimes.

No disrespect to foo-foo coffee, but if god wanted coffee to be sweet and sticky he would have grown the bean that way.

Hot and black for me.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Lars says I pollute my coffee because I douse it with cream or milk. If it's particularly bitter, I add sugar, but that's a rarity.

However, my drink of choice is Starbuck's Cinnamon Dulce Latte. I don't even have to order it anymore; the guys just make it and it's ready by the time I get to the register. There's a place called Cuppy's Coffee in Hamilton Town Center that's the same way - Karen will order it for me (latte with cinnamon & almond syrups, loaded with whipped cream, just the way I like it)! :)

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    This stuff used to be cheap and good.
    Now just good
    Walmart Great Value (arabica flavor)

picture.php

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    Try fresh roasted

I buy Indonesian Sumatra Retro (green) from BurmanCoffee.com.
    Roast it at home.
    Hand-crank grinder as coarse as I can get it.
    French press.
    Served black.
    Yum.

Like SirRealism, I also buy my cofffee beans green from BurmanCoffee.com and roast them myself in an old Poppery II popcorn roaster. I don't consider myself a coffee snob, because I am not too particular about how the beans are roasted, just that they are fresh roasted. It seems any green bean fresh roasted almost any reasonable time makes better coffee than preroasted coffee. Here's the link to Burman Coffee, if you are interested.

Home Coffee Roasting - Green Coffee Beans

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Like SirRealism, I also buy my cofffee beans green from BurmanCoffee.com and roast them myself in an old Poppery II popcorn roaster. I don't consider myself a coffee snob, because I am not too particular about how the beans are roasted, just that they are fresh roasted. It seems any green bean fresh roasted almost any reasonable time makes better coffee than preroasted coffee. Here's the link to Burman Coffee, if you are interested.

Home Coffee Roasting - Green Coffee Beans

I used a popcorn popper for a year until the top completely melted. Bought it for $2 at Goodwill. You can't beat that.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I really like Meijer brand whole bean coffees. Their medium house blend is delicious, and more importantly, fresh and oily. Most S-Bucks, 8-O'clock, etc is dry and stale by the time I use it. Aldi had some good fresh varieties a little while ago for cheap.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    You know what I love about this thread? Nobody is putting someone else down for differing tastes in coffee.

I'm glad Glock and Springfield don't sell coffee.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    You know what I love about this thread? Nobody is putting someone else down for differing tastes in coffee.

I'm glad Glock and Springfield don't sell coffee.
    If they did the Glock coffee would KB.;)
    Sorry, somebody had to do it. We now return to your regularly scheduled thread.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    It's 8pm and I'm sitting in a motel room in Ft Wayne drinking motel coffee.
    I usually drink coffee all day (and most of the night), I'm not to picky .
    straight up black is how I like it, but I've been known to add a little sugar

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like mine black and tend to be a snob on the weekends. During the week the convenience and free-ness of lousy office coffee trumps me making it at home.

Anyone like Vietnamese style coffee? Usually very very strong, poured over sweetened condensed milk that can be stirred in. There is a place in Beech Grove that makes it with Cafe Du Monde coffee & chicory. Good stuff.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    For Christmas,I got one of those Cuisinart coffee makers in black & stainless that grinds, then brews it right away. The one I have was about $ 80. At one of those kitchen stores in Glenbrook Mall , they have the all white version for less than $ 40.00. It brews delicious coffee. I use 8'oclock columbian.:D

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    What works for me is water from a Brita filter, almost any store brand Columbian whole bean, #6 grind on a Kitchenaid burr grinder, and the "aroma" setting on a 14 cup DeLonghi slow drip. Can make me twitch all day long!:D

Top Bottom