• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    What I find funny is how now people are complaining about spending and worthless cuts when Obama is in office...

...but when Romney drew up a plan to INCREASE military spending 12 Trillion over 10 years.... everyone argued tooth and nail to support his vote.

This fiscal cliff thing has always been a joke... funny how you never heard the words "Fiscal Cliff" during the ENTIRE PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN... but as soon as the election was over, thats ALL YOU HEAR.

This is just another distraction... a way to prepare Americans for impending economical collapse, so when it happens they are already mentally prepared and remain docile, rather than caught off guard and in a panic rage.

Its a shame that everyone makes fun of "Chicken Little", but honestly, a chicken little mentality is what is required right now to wake American's the **** up.

We are just happily following them into the boiling pot

gof011.jpg

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    The only thing they agreed on was giving there own selves a pay raise. Just something else to kick the can down the road, even the military cuts have to be revisited in the next few months, AGAIN.

I see where they also gave money aound 222 million for rum (not bad) and 430 million to HOLLYWOOD. Add the pork boys and girls just to name a few.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well. Who didn't see THIS coming? I predicted this as soon as the whole "fiscal cliff" scenario was thrust upon us.

I predicted a mild tax increase on the wealthy, a pittance of a spending cut, and combined they wouldn't amount to a any significance in the overall picture. And I also said that both parties would now be able to shake hands, smile for the cameras, and claim success.

This is what ALWAYS happen.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    The real problem is that it's easy to talk in general about cutting hundreds of billions of dollars from the budget but its hard to say what you are specifically willing to cut. We need specifics!

Congress and the Senate should put all matters on hold this year and spend the year on a line by line yes or no vote on each item in the budget.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The real problem is that it's easy to talk in general about cutting hundreds of billions of dollars from the budget but its hard to say what you are specifically willing to cut. We need specifics!

Congress and the Senate should put all matters on hold this year and spend the year on a line by line yes or no vote on each item in the budget.

Sounds good, but I doubt it could work. The House and Senate could never reconcile the difference in what each produces.

But I'm really pissed at the press. The President said on national TV that he favored a "balanced" approach. He agreed that we can't reduce the deficit on taxes alone. He claimed he met them half way with spending cuts. And then we end up with more taxes and more spending. He lied. And no one is calling him on it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Excellent idea with one caveat: If the Constitution does not specifically authorize the federal government to do it, it should be automatically cut from the budget. Following that will solve the problem. Needless to say, I am not going to hold my breath and turn funny colors waiting for that to happen.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Lugar and Coats voted yes in the Senate. Todd Rokita voted no in the House.
    Bottom line, the game is over. There is no intelligence or accountability left in Washington. The only viable solution is to wipe the slate clean of politicians and political parties and start over. Unfortunately, that will never happen as that group has all the power. The elected people don't give a damn about the citizens. Never have and never will. Any politician that does care about the citizens is a blip on the chart in Washington.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Excellent idea with one caveat: If the Constitution does not specifically authorize the federal government to do it, it should be automatically cut from the budget. Following that will solve the problem. Needless to say, I am not going to hold my breath and turn funny colors waiting for that to happen.

Yep, cut all unconstitutional spending and we would immediately have an 800 billion surplus.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    It's pretty much over, the progressives have won, there's no turning back now. The progressives have fought the battle on all fronts and are the victors because of it. If the mainstream media reported in a fair method it might be different but it's not. The Republicans are damaged goods, portrayed as evil rich people, they can never do anything right, the media will see to it that the Democrats get everything they want and being a Libertarian won't get you anywhere in the long run, expect the same tactics. The coalition is complete, the progressives are here to stay.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They must be some of the best speed-readers on the face of the planet!

I'm sure they were fed the executive summary. "Oh, that fine print? Yeah, it means blah blah blah. Just vote yea. The Republican leadership approves."

I'll be writing a letter to Coats. Luger's done anyway. I'll have to write a letter to Todd Young as well congratulating him on voting no.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think we have a lot to figure out and not much time to do it or we'll be saying this again in 2016. Progressives are winning the war of ideas by attrition. They now have the youth. They run public schools and colleges. They own the media and the businesses with the most influence. They own Hollywood and soon will own the courts.

Thankfully they don't yet control the webz. But they own and drive pop culture and the condecending pompus attitude we're seeing now from them shows they know it. Seriously, I doubt 4 years is enough time to win back the ground we've lost.

But opponents of progressives need to stop bickering. There aren't enough libertarians, nor will there ever be, to overcome progressivism. There are no longer are enough social conservatives (their message is now socially poisoned) to overcome progressives. The reason we can't beat them is that we're splintered idealistically.

Both TF and twang are "right". And both are miles apart. THAT is the problem we must solve first or progressives will win elections for as long as there are still elections.

Progressives "may" be winning but at the end of the day not even they can escape reality. Reality is going to hit us (USA) like a **** once the world figures out that our dollar is worthless. Then it won't matter who is winning (liberals, progressives, conservatives, etc..) we will be the new 3rd world country.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Progressives "may" be winning but at the end of the day not even they can escape reality. Reality is going to hit us (USA) like a **** once the world figures out that our dollar is worthless. Then it won't matter who is winning (liberals, progressives, conservatives, etc..) we will be the new 3rd world country.

Since we're populating it as quickly as possible with third world people, they'll be right at home.

BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    We the People are dumbing down every month. Next election, we won't remember this fiscal dump at all.

Yes, until the general public starts giving a :poop: and gets educated, then we are in for a long time of the progressives running this country. The majority of people are just not informed voters, and the media likes it that way. Educate your children in the history of this country and get them involved is the way to combat the schools and the media. Until the voting public quits being lazy we are in trouble. Just my :twocents:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I guess that's why prepping is popular.

Seriously, it's not a third world future I'm worried about. When the above scenario happens, there won't be anarchy. It will be full on totalitarian regime where some animals are more equal than others.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I guess that's why prepping is popular.

Seriously, it's not a third world future I'm worried about. When the above scenario happens, there won't be anarchy. It will be full on totalitarian regime where some animals are more equal than others.

Wake up. It's already here, you are just appeased by the gladatorial games.

Voting is a joke, your representation in Congress is a joke, your POTUS' main goal is the destruction of this country, government is corrupt all the way down to the lowly dog catcher.

Top Bottom