• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tschlarp

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Starke County
    Sister company of the company I work for, Glock would be naive to think this kind of thing couldn't happen to them.

Plastics News - Beleaguered gas can manufacturer Blitz USA closing down

The last paragraph in the article seems so sum it up. I do not know the details of all the lawsuits but I'm guessing the same lawsuits are also the reason I can no longer buy a gas can without some sort of safety nozzle that won't pour gas worth a crap.

“Blitz was very good at what they did,” said Tom Cray, president of No-Spill. “The legal system is what brought them down. Blitz exported around the world and only here [in the United States] were there lawsuits.”

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    My 4 y/o nephew can't even pull the trigger on my g26. It even has a 3.5# glock connector bar and some polishing. Amazing...

Eli Wolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    I had a Glock 26. Great little shooter, but the safety on the trigger concept wasn't for me. I consider it an "experts" pistol for that reason. How a child gets a hold of a loaded gun with a round in the chamber? A reckless "adult" lets them!

evanrw61

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Southport Indiana
    So a police officwe that knew his pistol had no grip safety and a light trigger places a 3 year old (presumeably in a car seat) in close proximity of the loaded weapon. Why would you keep a loaded weapon in a location that was out of your immediate control at all times?
    If the suit against Glock is unsucessful, word is, he plans on suing Gerber for possible steroid contamination of Juniors food.
    What it comes down to is there are penalities that come from stupidity. Just no good can come from this, other then an expensive lesson not to be repeated.
    :popcorn:

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    If the trigger pull was so light a 3yr old can pull it then I can see it going off easily in another situation as well. I thought about buying a glock, but went with a first gen p99 instead, heavy first pull but can be set to a light pull by tugging the slide 10mm rearwards. Seems much safer to me. But that is just my opinion.

JoP

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Bluffton, IN
    After the child chambered a round and shot his father it is reported that he jumped in the family Fiero and drove himself to the nearest adult entertainment bar where he smoked an imported Cuban cigar and received a lap dance in the VIP lounge.

The family is now suing defunct car brand Pontiac, Shell oil, the LA streets department, the nation of Cuba, Zippo, the US Federal Reserve bank and Biggin's Inc...

Too soon?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What's next, keeping control of your gun and away from children????

Already a statute in California. Even featured on the greatest movie of all time, SWAT!!! (It was on a poster in the training montage).

And now, SWAT! Look for the statute over Samuel L. Jackson's, SGT. Hondo, shoulder:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJmAZdF-2jo[/ame]

How about this: Contributory negligence for Chief Wiggum not keeping it in his holster on his belt. What is it with people having guns hither and yon instead on their belts? It's like the stupid bathroom thread--just keep it in your holster and you won't have any extra holes and you will have your legs for life.

Why do people always want to pull their handguns out and play with them? Wave them all about? Coonfingering gone wild? Just to confirm that it exists?

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    What kind of idiot leaves a loaded weapon in the back seat of a car and then feels its someone elses fault when he gets shot with it!!! Sometimes reading this kind of nonsence makes me wonder whatever happened to common sence.:rolleyes:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    What kind of idiot leaves a loaded weapon in the back seat of a car and then feels its someone elses fault when he gets shot with it!!! Sometimes reading this kind of nonsence makes me wonder whatever happened to common sence.:rolleyes:

This is exactly it. Glock can't control what the idiot does with their product. There is even a nifty little book that you get that explains how dangerous they are. All about using common sense.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i propose that we stop calling it COMMON sense, as obviously, it is no longer common. i believe that we should start calling it SENSE. some people have it, the vast majority... not so much.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Judge allows paralyzed cop to sue Glock

:popcorn:

What's next, keeping control of your gun and away from children????

What is this world coming to? Glock should pay!!

Yikes. The slippery slope question is....

What would happen if the child was 17 years old instead of only 3? Would Glock then need to make firearms with a grip safety strong enough to prevent a 17 year old from disabling them?

GLOCK1982

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    PARKE CO.
    Glock makes a wonderful no frills safe-action pistol that you can buy varying strength connectors for but that is beside the point. The child should have never had the gun. I have two kids myself and could not imagine how one of them could get a hold of one of my pistols. What an idiot! And a cop? Nice. Puts out a nice image for law enforcement people out there. That is where the lawyer slime comes in. They are trying to mask the fact that this officer is an incompetant fool who should not be allowed to have a pair of scissors let alone a weapon and a shield. He will probably win though.............Disgraceful crap.

Top Bottom