• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Have you ever wondered why INGO has so many members and why people find it at all in the first place?
    It's because of Google. If you go to a classified listing that's at least 8 hours old and cut and paste the title into google, you'll see that it's already listed. Google has this forum all covered.
    So while we like to dog the people who mistake this as a gun selling site/forum, the classifieds and Google have really helped launch this forum to a level of notice and popularity that would probably not have been possible otherwise.

I think there's a certain level of possessiveness amoung INGO members, wanting to keep a good thing to themselves. Maybe that's why sometimes people who aren't very gun saavy get "run out of Dodge" by critical posts.

Or maybe I'm just making up all this crap.
    I don't care. I have my 50 quality posts (buried somewhere in all my posts).

I think it's half right. I heard about INGO from from shooting buddies but I did notice it came up in random google searches fro gun related things. It still does when I search for stuff not even remotely connected to Indiana. Kinda freaky actually.

Especially because once I answered my own question and I forgot I already knew it but google told me...

buffalohump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    I like the 50 post rule. And I don't have near that many. It works both ways. I've seen some posts that I don't want to be any part of. Just chicken I Guess

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    If the classifieds went away that would be about 100 threads I wouldn't have to look at when I click the unread posts!!!! I like the way you guys think!!!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Can't you block certain forums by post count? Pretty sure they can do it on phpBB, I assume it would be possible in vBulletin too.

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    I have been on this site awhile and i read a lot of the info and do agree with the Rules as they are here for a reason. I was given an Infraction once cause i was in to big a hurry, didn't agree with it. I to should of read the rules before i made the infraction. This WHINNING more than likely SPOILED person needs to realize we don't need him he needs us. If this site becomes like the ones mentioned i would not be here now giving my opinion. We have a choice, if he doesn't like the rules then ............... him.
    Thanks for giving me the chance to exspress my view.. Eddie

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Im good with the 50 rule. Granted, I didnt join to buy something. But, even if I did, you go with the sellers rules, or you go to another house. Dont like how Cabala's is treating you, either deal with it to get the gun, or pick up and leave. Same goes with any sale. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom