• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This time it's mandating classes before you can marry, no doubt with a state approved curriculum. Either that or you have to pay a penalty to marry. Gosh, these small government, pro-liberty gop'ers just continue to amaze. With all that this state really needs to focus on these stalwarts just seem to find more and more needlessly intrusive things to foist on us. *Sigh* They're really just another kind of liberal who lies about their intentions.

Bill: Take marriage class or pay higher fees | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    who was the guy that cut the education funding and now all these schools are being built... i heard he might run for president. both political parties to stupid things just some are worse than others, now for a class to be married that i under stand, if you cant put up with a person in a class how can you put up with them for the rest of your life lol. now as for penalties all i can say is good lord mariage can be stressful enough now they want to put fines on... so does that meen the husband and wife have a citation book, left the toilet seat up that will be $10, climax too soon in bed $50, woman makes a bad dinner $100 fine dishes arent cold bear not waiting for you when you get home from work Class A marriage felony

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Got a link to the actual bill?

What a crock. Like the .gov has any business telling me what a good marriage looks like. My $0.02 - they need to get out of the marriage business altogether.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I was once asked to run for an elected office. I refused stating that I could not hold an office since I do not believe in having to check my brain at the door before I could get into the building. This marriage bill just proves my point.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yeah, that $54 sure ought to go a long way towards "strengthing marriage."

Idiots...

It's just another way to raise taxes without actually raising taxes.

It's probably cheaper to pay the "fine" than it is to take the class.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Got a link to the actual bill?

What a crock. Like the .gov has any business telling me what a good marriage looks like. My $0.02 - they need to get out of the marriage business altogether.
    ^^Exactly! They have no business being involved in any form of marriage, at all.
    Legislative Detail: IN House Bill 1248 - 2011 1st Regular Session | eLobbyist

As for co-sponsors, she's alone for the moment and the bill's in committee, (where it will hopefully die a well deserved death).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ^^Exactly! They have no business being involved in any form of marriage, at all.
    Legislative Detail: IN House Bill 1248 - 2011 1st Regular Session | eLobbyist

As for co-sponsors, she's alone for the moment and the bill's in committee, (where it will hopefully die a well deserved death).

I wonder whats in it for her? What lobby group (ie. company that will be doing the marriage manuals, courses, etc...) got her to do this? Cause who is going to benefit from this? Some biz(s) I'm sure is/are watering at the mouth at the prospect of getting all this new state biz.

BTW I like the part in the OP linked article that says the extra fees for those that due not takle the class will go to help pay for those "poor couples" that cannot afford to pay for the class.

In essese more welfare! You rich people must pay for the poor people.
    :rolleyes:

Thank OP for the heads up on this info.
    So what other reps are on that committee? Can we get a list to let them know how we fee about this proposal.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So what other reps are on that committee? Can we get a list to let them know how we fee about this proposal.
    Committee Members:

Chair: Representative Noe
    Vice Chair: Representative Yarde II
    Members: T. Brown, Culver, Davisson, Foley, Messmer, Rhoads. Summers R.M.M., Bartlett, Day, Klinker, Riecken.

I see why it is in committee. She chairs it.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Interesting. Noe is a conservative Republican. I wonder if her base would be upset that she wants to cut into the business of the church. I know many of them demand, sometimes quite lengthy, pre-marriage counseling. I can think of several contradictions between a course instructed by the church and one instructed in a water-down, one size fits all government program. I wonder if the program is one that actually addresses the moral side of marriage, or if it going to be a course on how to manage a household, budgeting, etc. for dumb people.

Second, can you fail the course? Or, is it just a show up and pass deal. If that is going to be the case, just pass out the course material when you get your permission slip.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I think politicians should have to go to classes, taught by tax payers, educating them on their Constitutional limits, prior to taking office.

And this would be a pass/fail class.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    Maybe some manditory classes might cut down on the divorce rate and therefore reduce the number of Christmas present you have to buy next year. More to come tomorrow going to bed

Top Bottom