• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    Did anyone catch the caller on C-Span that said most democrats represent some of the worst areas in the nation and that their constituents had already been harassing them about not signing gun legislation?

I think there is some logic in this.

The welfare nation that put Obama in office live in bad neighborhoods. They know the value of gun protection. I think we will have more democrats on our side than we think. Although, I would not count on any of it, but it does make sense.

The problems are the Dems. that represent upper white class areas. These are the people that think the cops will actually be at their houses in time to keep the bad guys from raping their daughters. Typically you don't call 911 unless there's someone already breaking in.... by then it's too late folks.

Gun owners tend to call afterwards... :)

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    Did anyone catch the caller on C-Span that said most democrats represent some of the worst areas in the nation and that their constituents had already been harassing them about not signing gun legislation?

I think there is some logic in this.

The welfare nation that put Obama in office live in bad neighborhoods. They know the value of gun protection. I think we will have more democrats on our side than we think. Although, I would not count on any of it, but it does make sense.

I hope you are right. Sounds like good reasoning to me. :yesway:

jdorp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    It did not work for the health care bill. The calls to the hill were massively against passage, but when push came to shove they follow their party leadership not us. We can't count on them to follow the will of the people, or the constitution.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    It did not work for the health care bill. The calls to the hill were massively against passage, but when push came to shove they follow their party leadership not us. We can't count on them to follow the will of the people, or the constitution.

Health care is a red herring in this discussion.

2A is cornerstone of this nation. Its a guarantee.

Health care is an "entitlement" and up for debate.

I have found that some of the most liberal thinkers, people that I and they can barely agree on the color of healthy grass or clear skies, are lock step with me on the issue of guns.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy

I agree, when it comes time for the vote they will follow their party like sheep.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Doesn't matter they will vote party lines they won't turn their back on their leader.
    By the way I got a Email from Biden wanting me to support them.....How did they get my email address????

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    There are a few things in this country that 'can' bridge party lines. 2nd Amendment topics and illegal immigration are 2 that are partyless topics. 2nd amendment moreso than immigration I believe...

Harry Reid is from a very gun friendly district. Be interesting to see if he throws his career on the sword for Obama. Obama never has to run again...they do.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I doubt it, and personally not sure about the future for the 2nd Amendment? Simply that the left controls our educational system. The people I work with are young, college educated, liberal, think that there isn't enough gun control, laugh at their conservative parents, and Obama is a righteous dude.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Doesn't matter they will vote party lines they won't turn their back on their leader.
    By the way I got a Email from Biden wanting me to support them.....How did they get my email address????

Have you signed a white house petition? If so, you probably left the option checked for them to send you said emails...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've seen Democrat gun owners that have the same 2A beliefs we do. Thing is, the inverse is true as well. There will be Republicans that vote for an AWB.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I doubt it, and personally not sure about the future for the 2nd Amendment? Simply that the left controls our educational system. The people I work with are young, college educated, liberal, think that there isn't enough gun control, laugh at their conservative parents, and Obama is a righteous dude.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

Winston Churchill

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The truth is that noone is on our side except us. And they are trying to break that bond as well by pitting us against each other.

Keep pressure on your reps and dont stop. If they vote against us, then we must make sure they do not get re-elected.

All they care about is what will get them votes.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Have we seen any reason to trust ANY democrat in DC to not join Pelosi/Reed/Obama?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    If a vote in either chamber is close party leaders will whip the membership for their votes regardless of how tenuous (I've been wanting to use that word all month:D) their seat is in their district. If it will win or lose big the leaders will let the membership vote to protect their arses at home. I suspect we'll see a lot of dems in close districts voting against the prez cause he's not gonna get this through either house.

daedrian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Brownsburg

Don't assume all of us younger, college educated Americans are liberals. I laugh at my liberal parents (not really, but they are liberal), and I think Obama is a pretty rude dude. :)

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

Winston Churchill

I guess I have no heart? I voted republican at 18, and have ever since.

Top Bottom