• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    I personally feel that there should be some type of enforcement of the standing regulations. Here in North East Indiana we now have 3 wheeled scooters along with two whelled ones and mopeds (49cc) I realize that most of them are operated by lifetime banned operators, the ones that really get me are the obviously under 15 operators going three wide down city streets. They cause danger not only to themselves but to licenced operators on the roads.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    There is a big difference between a bicycle and a moped. A motor versus a manually operated. All I am saying since we have to by law drive on the road with a valid license and insurance then I think anything that you can operate or drive with a motor ( boat) should have to follow the same rules.
    Plain and simple. The safety precautions are even a more so reason. I also agree with parents being more accountable for their kids riding these.:twocents:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Nope, I'm sorry, but there's no way I'm going to support government interference into anyone's lives. If I want to ride a four-wheeler into town, why shouldn't I be able to?

Tell me why I should have to plate and register my truck to be able to drive it on the street? What good is a license plate? Law Enforcement, right? How? I'm sorry, but having to register and plate my car/truck is BS and there's no reason anyone should have to plate and register their mopeds.

Licensed to drive one? No. I should have to have a license to drive my truck on the road either.

but you do it anyway;) I think anyone convicted of a DUI who has no license should be treated like a sex offender and the moped is the child.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If I can't ride my quad into town, drunks shouldn't be allowed to ride a moped.

Nobody is arguing that gubbment interference isn't BS, we're arguing that if we have to register our vehicles and have valid licenses to drive our automobiles and motorcycles, so should those trotting around on scooters.

It's the way it is... I've brought this up in a class and what I was told was "You have no right to drive a car or any vehicle, you have the privilage"...

There is a serious problem with these things here in Terre Haute. I fairly sure there has been a couple of deaths so far where someone lost control of their 49cc monster. I'll find links and edit back!

As far as I know lots of places in Indiana will let you ride your quad/UTV in around town as long as it has been registered with DNR($10-20) I know Vermilion and Fountain county will allow you to ride on the streets as long as all traffic signs and rules are followed.

I can't believe it. Seriously. So, just because you have to have a license and plate and registration, so should everyone else?

So if you're not allowed to carry a gun, no one else should be allowed to either? Same thing.

I really can't believe sooooooo many people here champion government intrusion. And yes, that's EXACTLY what's going on here.

I wasn't aware Savage didn't have a valid DL...It's none of my bidness why, so I won't ask.

Yes, I have a valid DL. It's a Class C CDL btw. ;)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Scooters/mopeds, just like anything else, if used improperly can cause problems. I can't see requiring more regulation as any kind of a solution. All that would do is penalize the people that are trying to use them properly. (Does that sound familiar:rolleyes:) Nearly every complaint I've read about them could be addressed by enforcing laws that already exist. I actually own one myself. I bought a Honda Ruckus brand new back in 2006 when gas was extra high. It paid for itself in two years using it for commuting when weather permitted. I could have bought a used 150cc or 250cc scooter for what I paid for mine but I chose not to for the very reason of not having to get insurance or registration. I still use it from time to time to drive to work. When I do, I get a kick out of parking it amidst all Harleys knowing that the thing would literally run off the fumes from their exhaust. I've even gone on a few road trips with it. If you've never driven a quality scooter, you'd be surprised how much fun they can be.

When they outlaw scooters, only outlaws will have scooters.:D

RoadTrip7.jpg

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I would like to submit a gentle protest. My wife and I enjoy riding our 49cc Honda Metropolitans. Neither of us has ever had a DUI and only one speeding ticket in the last 25 years and that was in a Cadillac. We live in a small town that even allows golf carts on the streets. Yes, I'm sure there are some riders with poor driving records and yes, some young people drive like they are immortal. We are exceedingly careful when we ride and assume that people simply don't see us on the road.

I would ask that you not to paint all moped/scooter riders with the same broad brush. I have no problem with the scooters being registered, plated, and insured along with bicycles.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Come on guys.....the whole "Well I have to, so they should have to, too" mentality is BS.

We have about 5 or 6 tractors on the farm. Do you think we should have to plate those too? :rolleyes:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Come on guys.....the whole "Well I have to, so they should have to, too" mentality is BS.

We have about 5 or 6 tractors on the farm. Do you think we should have to plate those too? :rolleyes:

Only if you want to drive them on the roads paid for by the licensed and insured motorized vehicles driven by licensed and insured drivers. I have no problem with farmers driving their unlicensed vehicle around their farms using untaxed fuel all they want. On the public road the rule for one should be the rule for all.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    seriously? wheel tax? talk about a racket, why does my harley '03 cost 3 times more to plate than my 98 4-runner? i could give 2 ****s less about the tax, i just wish the damn things would speed up, or ride on the sidewalk. just my .02

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Only if you want to drive them on the roads paid for by the licensed and insured motorized vehicles driven by licensed and insured drivers. I have no problem with farmers driving their unlicensed vehicle around their farms using untaxed fuel all they want. On the public road the rule for one should be the rule for all.

The roads that got put through our fields without us being able to do anything about it? We should have to pay a tax to use a road that is going over land that was taken from us?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

:+1:

The roads that got put through our fields without us being able to do anything about it? We should have to pay a tax to use a road that is going over land that was taken from us?

Eminent domain is a complete different issue and also COMPLETELY BS. I'm going through it as we speak. MY Fing driveway is about 2 feet below what it should be right now as they take their marry ass time turning it into a sidewalk. :xmad:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was held up 2 different times today in Lafayette by idiots on scooters. Of course they won't move over so other cars can get around.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Damn it. You should be HAPPY to give up your land for the greater good of your neighbors so they have easy access to go off road through your crops. Jeez man, get it together. :):

Seriously though, exactly.

And having to license and register your car is BS. Name me five reasons it's a good thing. To force people to do that for all other moving vehicles (including bicycles :n00b:) is complete BS and a call for bigger government.

I guess you all would be ok with licensing ALL gun owners whether they carry or not, and that they should have to register their firearms, too. I mean, it would be easier for Law Enforcement to do their job, right? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom