• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I suggest that instead of picking a business or chain that is more or less carry friendly we find other businesses being targeted by the antis and help them. I spent the last 10 minutes googleing trying to find others but all that kept popping up was Star Bucks. If we find one being persecuted we could do another "buycott" and have another successful outing.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    That'd be the best thing we could do, I think; unfortunately, I don't think its very often that such a large-scale and publicly discussed boycott has been organized by the Anti's. We'd have to infiltrate their ranks to determine what locations they are shunning or talking down about... :p

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    I think this is a great idea. I would however sugguest not considering any store or chains who sell firearms or firearm gear exclusively(such as gun shops or cabelas for example). We should focus on stores or chains being targeted by antis first, then netural stores second. I also sugguest a flyer such as the sb one. I think monthly sugguestion by any member with 50 quality post should be considered, and a vote with 51%? 60%? 75%? majority winning? Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Thats a good idea; I like the idea of doing a vote to see who wants to support what business. That way we can keep it democratic, and still help the group focus on one business at a time, for a more concentrated effect.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    What if it is a small place and not everyone can make it to that part of IN? Do we have regional selections? Will the mods let us use the ingo logo and name on the flyer?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Well, I think that what we were discussing mostly involved larger chain-type locations, for that very reason. If you want to do something locally, I would imagine it would be easiest to get in touch with people who are close to you and do it, rather than attempt to do an INGO-wide event that only 3 or 4 people will be able to participate in. We could probably manage some regional selections, though.

As for the mods using the INGO name and logo on the flyer, someone will have to ask, or hopefully one of them will chime in here. I wouldn't want to use it if they didn't agree to it, though. :)

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    We would need a theard just to sugguest places and another one each month for the poll. Do you want to start the march theard? Then maybe top 3?5?10? Get in another theard to vote? Or maybe more often than once a month?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Well, I think that what we were discussing mostly involved larger chain-type locations, for that very reason. If you want to do something locally, I would imagine it would be easiest to get in touch with people who are close to you and do it, rather than attempt to do an INGO-wide event that only 3 or 4 people will be able to participate in. We could probably manage some regional selections, though.

As for the mods using the INGO name and logo on the flyer, someone will have to ask, or hopefully one of them will chime in here. I wouldn't want to use it if they didn't agree to it, though. :)
    I don't think so. I asked something about using the name a long time ago and one of them explained that Ingo isn't to be used for things like that. I'm sure one of them will get on soon to explain.

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    I don't think so. I asked something about using the name a long time ago and one of them explained that Ingo isn't to be used for things like that. I'm sure one of them will get on soon to explain.

That is dissapointing,but we dont have to us ingo. We can have a general flyer. Something to effect of " being a member of the local firearms owners community, I choose to spend money today in your establishment to show you the buying power,of our community of safe and responsible firearms owners.

Its late and off the top of my head. Maybe even start a grassroots org. For the advancement of Indiana 2A? Indiana colaltion of responsible gun owners? Again just off the top of my head, there is a reason unions have locals... NRA is great, but they can use all the local gelp they can get. Just late night ramblings

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I kind of thought that Ingo wouldn't want their name mixed up in it. Its too easy for things to reflect poorly on them if something goes wrong, and if its not an event that they are running, I can definitely understand them not wanting to put their name in it for that reason.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    That is dissapointing,but we dont have to us ingo. We can have a general flyer. Something to effect of " being a member of the local firearms owners community, I choose to spend money today in your establishment to show you the buying power,of our community of safe and responsible firearms owners.

Its late and off the top of my head. Maybe even start a grassroots org. For the advancement of Indiana 2A? Indiana colaltion of responsible gun owners? Again just off the top of my head, there is a reason unions have locals... NRA is great, but they can use all the local gelp they can get. Just late night ramblings

What about getting in touch with the ISRPA? From what I have read and heard, this is exactly the type of thing they would be on board with... maybe if Kirk could jump in and confirm/advise....:dunno:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I was thinking that we could keep this in this thread for now, so as not to spread out too much. I know we have the short list from earlier in the thread, but if we can get people to throw out some ideas for possible locations, once we have some, we can post a poll and decide on which location to buycott first. So, anybody have any recommendations?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Lets not get confrontational. :) I'm just trying to keep things clean and simple.

I think so far, our list of recommendations is pretty much these:

Lowe's
    Starbucks
    Wal-Mart
    Barnes & Noble
    Best Buy
    Cabela's
    Home Depot
    PetSmart
    Sam's Club
    Yatz

Feel free to chime in. Once we've gotten a good selection, we can move on to the voting process.

Top Bottom