• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Indiana not having the genetic base for such a deer is ridiculous.

A buck that scored over 200 was taken on my father in laws farm in Dearborn County this years. 150 acres that shares boundaries in Harrison Ohio. Somebody forgot to tell the deer it can't cross an imaginary line on the property?

The genetics are here. People just need to let the little ones walk.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    The fact is that this deer was planted. It was originally abducted by aliens some years ago, only after they finished with all their genetic testing and manipulation was it actually brought back and released into the wild. This young man may have saved the entire human race by harvesting this deer. Rusty Shackleford told me just this morning that the genetic manipulation done by the aliens was to create a breed of super deer that eat nothing but human flesh. This deer was designed to take over the planet. Thanks to one young boy we are now all saved... Way to go kid +1... ;)

:lol2: :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::poop:

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Is this "hunt area" at the hwy that leds up the hill in Peru, . . . . . .

. . . . . leads on to Mexico? I drive that way several times a week. There IS a 20-foot fence on the west side, but corn don't jump that high!! It's all corn now, but it was a "Secure Game Preserve" where $$$ $$$ got you in for a guaranteed "trophy." DNR folks got wind of the "imported trophy stock" and that the trophies were pen-fed, and then drugged before the stalk began. He's been highly fined, and out of business for years. Good riddance. Pat

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    There are always rumors when a big buck is taken. To say that there are no genetics in Indiana to support deer like this one is absolutely ridiculous. I hunted a 200+" buck this year in Northern Indiana. I saw him 2 times and never again. The neighbor actually got a shot off at him and wounded but didnt kill him (well thats another story). No one had ever seen this buck before but he was there and had been there for at least a few years seeing how he was a very old buck. I strictly hunt mature bucks and have seen many huge bucks in Indiana. The buck I shot last year was 5 1/2 years old and no one had ever seen this buck. He scored 184 typical. Not a fenced operation anywhere near the county where I shot him. As these bucks age they get VERY smart. Most bucks you see that are taken are 3 years old or younger. Due to pressure and hunters we rarely ever get to see the actual mature bucks that our state holds. When people see the mature bucks taken there is always someone to say that it cant be the real deal because they hunt and have never seen one like that themselves. When I shoot a big buck I always contact a friend in the DNR office to come verify it to keep those doubters at bay. I dont mean to be so negative but this kid shot a monster or a buck and what he gets to hear is all the negativity surrounding it. If you want to see some good INDIANA bucks that are the real deal go to the Indiana Whitetail Legends display at the Renfro hunting and outdoors Expo at the Indy fairgrounds February 19 - 21. I can nearly guarantee you that everyone on that wall had some kind of rumor about it somewhere.

coyotedown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Most hunters around here don't have the knowledge nor patience to ever see deer like this. Another reason is that most deer hunting is done during gun season and after the war starts on opening day deer tend to lock down and turn nocturnal; thats why i hunt hard during bow season and stay out of the woods when the idiots come out with guns

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    ive heard this argument all my life and i just dont believe it. i dont see how ohio and illinois can consistantly be in the top 5 big buck states and kentucky and michigan be in the top 10 but indiana doesn't have the genetics.

indiana just doesn't have regulations in place to allow for a buck to reach his potential. although we did take a huge step in the right direction when we imposed a 1 buck limit our gun season is still to close to the rut and two long. im sure ill recieve some neg rep for taking the stance of a trophy hunter but you cant make everyone happy

This! If they changed the season to where you could only hunt bucks for 1 weekend out of the season, limit 1 buck per year, in as early as three years you would see significantly larger bucks EVERYWHERE!! The fact is that the majority of the bucks taken are 1.5years old and do not reach their potential until roughly 3.5 years. And before anyone says that it would mess up the population numbers I will nip that in the bud first. You control population numbers by killing does, not bucks. If you wanna see consistantly larger deer like Illinois has, stop shooting young bucks. Plain and simple. We have all of the habitat and potential for BIG bucks, just not the opportunity. I won't shoot a young buck. I am not as picky about doe cus they're going for food. I won't take a buck unless it is a mature buck that is a wall hanger. Give the younger ones a chance to reach their prime. Just my :twocents:.. I know some people just wanna kill a deer that has a rack.. so to each their own I suppose.

southern.in.guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    switzerland county
    IN has the genetics we just have to let them walk to get big people need to quit shooting the first 2yr old that walks by I live in Switzerland Co we have big deer but i continue to see guys bring in one 120inch 2yr old after another IF YOU WANT BIG DEER LET THEM WALK

Top Bottom