• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I really need to start looking at that. If you haven't seen the OC/CC argument thread in 3 years i guess there is never a good time.

BINGO! Because they are not looking for education or even an argument, they just want people to know how THEY feel about it because THEIR feelings are what matters and everyone should care what THEY think about what WE do.

Did I put enough emphasis in that post?

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    You (and everyone) should only use this as more motivation to help our own LEO understand the law better around LTCH.

I'll even go as far as saying that Sheriff Deputy Lutz may not be a bad officer... Just an uninformed one.
    I for see most of these situations go like this because most LEO's would have a hard time admitting to being wrong during a "stop".

I think you handled it well. Whether or not the Deputy agreed or even believed you, it WILL be in the back of his mind with what you said until
    he's told otherwise or finds out the hard way. It's all about knowledge, unfortunately.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    You (and everyone) should only use this as more motivation to help our own LEO understand the law better around LTCH.

I'll even go as far as saying that Sheriff Deputy Lutz may not be a bad officer... Just an uninformed one.
    I for see most of these situations go like this because most LEO's would have a hard time admitting to being wrong during a "stop".

I think you handled it well. Whether or not the Deputy agreed or even believed you, it WILL be in the back of his mind with what you said until
    he's told otherwise or finds out the hard way. It's all about knowledge, unfortunately.

I agree that he may not be a bad officer due to ignorance of the law, however the blatant attempt to intimidate me speaks otherwise.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I disagree with this 1000%. When any LEO claims they worry about ¨officer safety¨ and other such nonsense concerning weapons they damn well should know the laws about weapons since it seems to be of such concern for them. They pack around numerous weapons and that concerns me but I cannot just walk up and question them about my safety.

IGNORANCE of the law is no excuse, any officer writing you a citation or arresting your ass will tell you as much.

Top Bottom