• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Of all attacks that I'm aware of happening on the Monon, no firearms were used by the bad guys. 2x4's and fists, but no firearms.

Getting caught with a firearm on the Monon (or any other Indy Parks property) is a UTT (Uniform Traffic Ticket) and cite into Environmental Court. They decide what the fine is. You get to keep the gun, but are asked to leave the property ASAP. If you don't comply, you could get trespassing added. Or Disorderly Conduct, depending upon how far you want to go. Then the gun would go to the property room while you go visit the APC.

I offered to meet up on the trail with one mouthy INGO member and let him be a test case, but he dried up and went away.

Get some decent pepper spray (or wasp & hornet spray) and enjoy your day on the trail. It isn't gonna be worth the legal hassle to get caught with your pistol.

And, FWIW, I'm one of the few who "inside" who think the City should repeal the no firearms in City Parks.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Of all attacks that I'm aware of happening on the Monon, no firearms were used by the bad guys. 2x4's and fists, but no firearms.

Getting caught with a firearm on the Monon (or any other Indy Parks property) is a UTT (Uniform Traffic Ticket) and cite into Environmental Court. They decide what the fine is. You get to keep the gun, but are asked to leave the property ASAP.

I offered to meet up on the trail with one mouthy INGO member and let him be a test case, but he dried up and went away.

Get some decent pepper spray (or wasp & hornet spray) and enjoy your day on the trail. It isn't gonna be worth the legal hassle to get caught with your pistol.

And, FWIW, I'm one of the few who "inside" who think the City should repeal the no firearms in City Parks.

Been on TV lately?:D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I wonder if you carried while on the Monon and defended yourself or someone else if you would get charged? How would that look to the press if a legal LTCH person got charged for being at the right place at the time of an incident?

Just my thoughts.

they would probly be afraid to charge you because then it would put their un-constitutional law in-front of a judge or judges to shoot it down.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    they would probly be afraid to charge you because then it would put their un-constitutional law in-front of a judge or judges to shoot it down.

I think the above park ranger will offer to meet you on the monon and see if that holds up.:D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

Getting caught with a firearm on the Monon (or any other Indy Parks property) is a UTT (Uniform Traffic Ticket) and cite into Environmental Court. They decide what the fine is. You get to keep the gun, but are asked to leave the property ASAP. If you don't comply, you could get trespassing added. Or Disorderly Conduct, depending upon how far you want to go. Then the gun would go to the property room while you go visit the APC.

a ticket (monetary) VS. DEATH (forever) ummm, yeah its worth it to me.

i dont know who that member was that didnt accept your kind offer :rolleyes:, but i wouldnt meet you either. just like if i was having sex on the beach i wouldnt call the cops to come stop my party.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Hey, like I said, if it were up to me.... :D

From what I understand,the mope's favorite tactic is to walk 3 or 4 abreast and make riders slow way down. Then they act like they're parting, and one of them clocks the rider with a fist or board.

My advise (if you're riding) is stop way before you get to the group, and get out your cell phone. Even if you don't actually make the call, they won't know that.

Either that, or keep haulin' ass and run 'em over :ar15:

But the serious riders I've seen barely slow down for the intersections, let alone a gaggle of goobers....

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Well, now that that is settled....
    The guy that was robbed yesterday owned the Dry Cleaners near my house for ever. He was riding his bike in broad daylight and 2 guys knocked him off it and he had to get stitches to close his wounds. I've been on the Monon numerous times and have seen ONE cop. Of course there could have been some more in civies but I never noticed them. Crime in Broad Ripple and the Monon is increasing and everyone needs to be careful.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    From what I understand,the mope's favorite tactic is to walk 3 or 4 abreast and make riders slow way down. Then they act like they're parting, and one of them clocks the rider with a fist or board.

My advise (if you're riding) is stop way before you get to the group, and get out your cell phone. Even if you don't actually make the call, they won't know that.

Either that, or keep haulin' ass and run 'em over :ar15:

But the serious riders I've seen barely slow down for the intersections, let alone a gaggle of goobers....

now that is VERY USEFUL INTELL!!!! thanks

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'm on the Monon all the time. I live just North of where the last few crimes have occured. The few times I've seen one or more thugs I keep my eyes on them as we pass eachother and then I look behind me. There are MANY places south of 54th where they could definately surprise you.

I think people who want to carry should do so and just keep it concealed. I honestly believe someone will eventually get killed down there and then it will happen more. I have been seeing more LEOs in the last year but they won't ever be able to stop all the crime.

They really should put a LARGE sign at the Kessler overpass informing people that going south on the Monon can be dangerous.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yep, South of Kessler starts going down hill fast. I still see girls jogging/riding/walking alone heading South in the evening. Don't they have any sense? Anyways, I'm planning on spending more time riding my bike there soon to get back into shape. Guess I need to mount some crash bars on the front of my GIANT!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Contact the mayor and your city council member. You could also contact Councilor Ed Coleman and lend him your support.
    This.

Ed tried really hard to get the city to repeal the no-guns-in-city-parks ordinance last year and most of the responses were of the :eek: variety. I was surprised at how many people didn't know the law existed. Anywho, there's a huge thread (or maybe 2) about it around here somewhere.

Top Bottom