• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    How long does it take for NRA to recognize a new membership? I signed up a week ago and have not gotten a confirmation email.

I joined late Wednesday, I think, and received Welcome email late yesterday. Did you get the Thank You screen after submitting your payment info? Did you give the correct email? I'm sure there's a phone number to inquire. I will post it when I get to my office.

Here's the NRA contact #:
    • Contact the NRA by Phone: (800) 672-3888

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Oregon: More gun control already signed into law

Florida
    : More gun control already signed into law

Illinois, New York, California: More gun control is working it's way through the house and senate of each state and is setup to be signed into law

Many other states are also dealing with more gun control legislation, but at this time it is difficult to determine what will and will not pass given the current anti-gun environment.

National: More gun control without the need to sign it into law

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-bumpstocks/justice-department-files-regulation-to-ban-bump-stocks-idUSKCN1GM0JN

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/03/10/doj-moves-outlaw-bump-stocks-making-them-illegal-own-sell/413237002/

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/10/department-of-justice-moves-to-ban-bump-stocks-classifying-them-as-machine-guns-under-federal-law.html

When I questioned the NRA's statement of "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations" I was disparaged, called all sorts of unrepeatable names, called a traitor to the 2nd amendment for not supporting the NRA, and told I was too stupid to realize that the NRA and President Trump were playing 4D chess.

Almost all of the legislation that is being proposed does not ever mention bump stocks. It only mentions anything that can increase the rate of your gun...with no further definitions. In the hands of a future anti-gun administration, that could be reinterpreted as anything. Just look how the "Sporting Purpose" clause has been abused and misused since it was written into the 1968 Gun Control Act. This is the same exact thing.

Now we are going to get national regulation through an unelected and unaccountable beurocrat. And once this happens, any anti-gun administration in the future will have free reign on banning whatever they want using the same exact process.

Was the NRA really playing 4D chess? Are you sure? There is no doubt in your mind at all???

Looks to me like the NRA is selling out gun rights because they are only interested in saving bolt action rifles and pump shotguns. In my opinion, if they are not willing to protect ALL of the 2nd amendment, they they are not protecting any of it.

The NRA is not getting a single cent from me until they change their path. I refuse to support an organization that is willing to sell out even part of my rights!

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I joined late Wednesday, I think, and received Welcome email late yesterday. Did you get the Thank You screen after submitting your payment info? Did you give the correct email? I'm sure there's a phone number to inquire. I will post it when I get to my office.

Here's the NRA contact #:
    • Contact the NRA by Phone: (800) 672-3888

I hadn't received anything yet. My CC has been charged already so I have gotten that far into my membership. I will have to give them a call. Thanks

SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    How long does it take for NRA to recognize a new membership? I signed up a week ago and have not gotten a confirmation email.

I joined about 3 weeks ago, and didn't get a conformation email until just over a week ago. I got a couple of promotional emails 5-7 days after signing up, which other than the charge going through on my card, was the only way that I knew that it went through. I guess it just takes them some time to process this stuff. :dunno:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    In this day and age I would have expected the email to be immediate. Must be only one dog pulling that sled.
    Maybe they put most of their resources into bugging us for more money instead of acknowledging when it is sent.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    In prep for tomorrows protests...I had a chance to go to the range today, so I put on my safari jacket and my jager hat grabbed a couple rifles and my Smith N Frame and headed out. My Club borders on a school. After putting 100+ rounds down range I took off the hearing protections and (gasp) heard kids playing on the playground...no on locked down the school...no one called the police

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    New email came from chis Cox today, so I left it in my inbox. I should see it in the morning.

I'm showing my age here, but, oh well.
    When I was a kid, my mother worked for the phone company as an operator.
    There were exactly 2 operators on duty when she was working, so if I dialed 0 there was a 50-50 chance my mother would answer the phone.
    She told us about little perks that used to be offered by the phone company, but were rarely advertised.

One of these was a wake-up service.
    Believe it or not, you used to be able to call a local operator and ask for a wake-up call at...whatever time... and you would get that call!
    You could even use them for reminders, like remembering a money-bomb date...

"Oh the times, they are a changin'"

Top Bottom