• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yesterday Rachel Maddow ran with the same story..

Bearing ArmsNo, The NRA Isn't Banning The Carry Of Guns At Its Convention - Bearing Arms

Today she ran a piece with a tag line..

"Rachel Maddow reports on the NRA convention that will take place in Tennessee this week, and how attendees will be allowed to carry loaded weapons in the same room that the presumptive Republican presidential candidates will give their speeches."

Which is it? :dunno:

She's counting on the fact her followers can't remember, and can't deduce.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So why wouldn't law abiding citizens be "allowed" to carry tools of their choice when in the presence of political candidates in a public venue?

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    So why wouldn't law abiding citizens be "allowed" to carry tools of their choice when in the presence of political candidates in a public venue?

I'm not sure... One year ago I sat among thousands in Lucas Oil Stadium with multiple potential presidential candidates. Guns were everywhere and there were no problems. :dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I am in a room full of lawyers who are carrying, a couple openly.

I really don't think MDA understands what they are protesting, but ignorance underlies their cause so that is not really shocking.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm not sure... One year ago I sat among thousands in Lucas Oil Stadium with multiple potential presidential candidates. Guns were everywhere and there were no problems. :dunno:

I am in a room full of lawyers who are carrying, a couple openly.

I really don't think MDA understands what they are protesting, but ignorance underlies their cause so that is not really shocking.

It's hard to dispel the modern myth that only bad people and police carry guns.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It's one thing to be just plain ignorant. Many of the Moms "followers" or "friends" or however the count their "members" truly are. Now compound that "organization" with those that refuse to acknowledge the truth about their organizations true intent; to disarm us. Add to that those that refuse to admit the reality that lawful gun owners represent no threat to them or anyone else. Top it off with leadership that is all of the above, that LIES to them all, a very willing media to spread those lies and government officials that use them as pawns.

That tells me we are in a serious political battle that must be recognized and confronted at every turn.

Stay vigilant, INGO.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    VIDEO: Shannon Watts' Speech at the Everytown NRA Counter-Rally in Nashville - The Truth About Guns
    VIDEO: Shannon Watts’ Speech at the Everytown NRA Counter-Rally in Nashville

The Moms head honcho addressed a crowd of 110 supporters (more than half from out of town, according to a Moms PR flak) in downtown Nashville park, six safe blocks from the NRA Convention venue.

Wow. 110 supporters. I'm impressed.
    Ok, maybe I'm not.
    Ok, I'm not.
    70,000 paying people vs. 110 non-paying people.
    That is soooooo "not even close".

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    VIDEO: Shannon Watts' Speech at the Everytown NRA Counter-Rally in Nashville - The Truth About Guns
    VIDEO: Shannon Watts’ Speech at the Everytown NRA Counter-Rally in Nashville

Wow. 110 supporters. I'm impressed.
    Ok, maybe I'm not.
    Ok, I'm not.
    70,000 paying people vs. 110 non-paying people.
    That is soooooo "not even close".
    That's probably a total of 110 people over the entire time, not all there at once. Even then, that number sounds awfully high. And awful. :laugh:

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove