• 38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    ...with hammers.

just sayin'. ;)

I'm not arguing that it's the same at all.

I'm arguing that once it starts, it's another step toward this.

Soon, gun owners will be construed as forcing their barbaric beliefs, and thus their children are taken. I am VERY reluctant to side with Uncle Same taking away kids.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    It's illegal to torturously-kill animals, AFAIK.

Moreover, it bespeaks a serious mental instability.... that kid is definitely traumatized. He's committed murder against a lesser mammal for no greater crime than getting unsatisfactory grades. His mother sounds like a real piece of work. Killing animals for sick pleasure is one of the signs of a budding serial killer... but it sounds like she already well-matches the rest of the criterion. It's one thing to spank your kids. It's quite another to force them to MURDER THEIR PETS... and there's quite a distinction, sir.

Agree 100%.

I'm shocked at some of the responses on this thread.

She forced the kid to beat a hamster to death.

It's sick and depraved.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    While I definitely don't agree with forcing the kid to do it.... How many of us blasted ground squirrels, opossums, etc. as kids? I sure did. And my parents approved. Boatloads of the little buggers around the ranch in California... I can understand having to get rid of/sell the beast. If it needed to "disappear" then she should have done it.

Scary part is -I also agree with Joe W... while there's something very wrong here, I worry when the State gets involved in things. Overreaching DEFINITELY happens.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Agree 100%.

I'm shocked at some of the responses on this thread.

She forced the kid to beat a hamster to death.

It's sick and depraved.

+1 to this. She belongs in Jail and she absolutely needs "The State's" intervention before (if it hasn't happened already) she permanently screws this kid up. Sorry but she lost her parental rights when she forced that kid to do that sick depraved act.

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    animal cruelty is animal cruelty weather its a pet rodent or a pet dog. Now I'm sure everyone would have been for state intervention if it was his pet German Shepard.

She should not be allowed to be a parent, and i really hope the people that see this as being "ok" don't raise their kids that way. its wrong.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    +1 for the state for stepping in on behalf of this kid.

So, what would have happened if the state didn't step in? It's obvious this "mother" is sick and the kid would have had no recourse against her next depraved whims.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I'm not.

More than one on this board that can't tell the difference between hunting and forcing a kid to kill a family pet. They see everything through the lens of "my God, what is Uncle Sam doing to me today!!!???"

:rolleyes:

I guess I need to somehow speak clearer than saying "I AM NOT ARGUING THAT THESE ARE THE SAME".

Of course killing an hamster with a hammer and hunting aren't the same. I was being facetious. That's the point. This is where it starts, and the government takes it a step further from there. This is how we have lost most of our rights throughout the course of History.

/rant

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You think this is ok. Scary.:xmad:

I mean that I think it's none of the government's business, especially to the extent of seizing her children, that this woman is a *****.

As for scary? Well, I reckon we have different versions of scary. I think scary is people who advocate the government kidnapping children because of this. You people are why we are no longer a free nation.

If you have a problem with that, I don't really care. So long as you stay away from my family. I don't have room or patience for slaves in my life.

Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN
    I mean that I think it's none of the government's business, especially to the extent of seizing her children, that this woman is a *****.

As for scary? Well, I reckon we have different versions of scary. I think scary is people who advocate the government kidnapping children because of this. You people are why we are no longer a free nation.

If you have a problem with that, I don't really care. So long as you stay away from my family. I don't have room or patience for slaves in my life.

If the parents are abusive the government shouldnt step in. Who else will? Thats the kind of crap my mom would pull and no one ever rescued me. i wish the government would have. Don't pass judgement on things you obviously personally know nothing about. And don't call me "you people"

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Correct me if I am wrong, but what I got out of the article is she grabbed his neck hard enough to leave scratches while forcing him to commit a crime...You don't see anything wrong with that at all? Or shall I say, you are more pissed at the state for interfering in her disciplinary actions as a parent than her using those actions on her 12 year old child?

Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN
    Correct me if I am wrong, but what I got out of the article is she grabbed his neck hard enough to leave scratches while forcing him to commit a crime...You don't see anything wrong with that at all? Or shall I say, you are more pissed at the state for interfering in her disciplinary actions as a parent than her using those actions on her 12 year old child?

Amen, you put it much better than i could have +1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Maybe I missed something, but the link in the OP doesn't prove this boy's story to be true. Seems as though everyone is taking it as fact. Maybe I am missing something, I sure hope you wouldn't all join the bandwagon with a 10 year old.

Top Bottom