Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    spacer.gif

A Florida couple is behind bars for some old school discipline

By TODD WRIGHT

Updated 9:43 AM EDT, Wed, Oct 14, 2009

A Palm Bay woman and her boyfriend were arrested Monday for child abuse after the couple went old school to punish their 8-year-old daughter for swearing.
    They washed her mouth out with soap.
    We don't know about you, but we would petition President Obama and Congress to make it mandatory for every parent to carry a bar of Irish Spring in their back pockets with all the profanity kids use today.
    Police claim Adriyanna Herdener and Wilfredo Rivera went too far by placing a bar of soap in the girl's mouth and letting it stay for 10 minutes. Herdener did not intervene in the discipline.
    Dirty Mouth

WATCH Dirty Mouth

The girl eventually vomited and Rivera took her to the local hospital, where hospital staff called police.
    No one wants a child to be hurt or inhumanely punished, but parents' discipline choices in this country have come down to calling Dr. Phil or hiding the joysticks to the Wii.
    Next time your kid has a potty mouth, just give them some gum.

Anyone know what the statute of limitation is on this offense? :D

Actually at my house we got a dose of Cod Liver Oil :puke:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Still use soap, cod liver oil, and tabasco........whatever the situation calls for.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    When I was a kid I always preferred my soap with some salt and pepper and perhaps a dab of margarine. I got pretty used to eating soap because of my love of the English language.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I learned quite quickly that if you hold your tongue still and it starts to dry out, it definitely isn't as bad. It's when you move your tongue and your saliva starts to lather it up that it really sucks.

Eff that.

Okay, seriously, though. I remember a time, I must have been 8 or 9. I was rebellious and deserved the spanking I got. Mom was nice and used a paddle. After I was done sucking it up I came out and told them I was going to report them for beating me (my mom and step-dad, that is). You know what they did? They laughed in my face for it. Now? Well, can't wait to dispense paddle justice on my child, and laugh when they think they've got something on me... only, I'm afraid by the time I've got an 8 year old (or even a conceived child for that matter) they will actually be able to have something on me with that.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Indiana is a right to parental discipline state.....now that being said there is a fine line between abuse and discipline. I operate under the punishment should fit the crime. If a child tells their parent to eff off, I have no issue with the child picking themself up off the floor. It's one of the old traditions that should have never been allowed to become an old tradition. I don't get paid to raise your kids for you and neither do the teachers, Sunday School teachers, or anyone else for that matter. YOU chose to have them......you raise them, and while you are doing it, make sure they understand r-e-s-p-e-c-t and show some once in awhile.

I love the look on teenagers faces when I go to their house because they say mom and dad are abusing them, they tell me the story and I get a blank look on my face and say....."That's it??" They look at you like you just b**** slapped them. I continue to explain that until they are 18, they only have the rights that their parents afford them and those can be taken away at will. This, of course, only applies to those cases where the child says there is abuse but there really isn't. Child abusers, true child abusers, are right on par with the worst society has to offer.

ETA: In case anyone couldn't tell......I think this case is pure BS

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    And we can be assured that the next generation will be even whinier. They will have an even greater sense of their own importance, feel even more deserving of everything to be given to them whether they worked for it or not. What a great world this continues to head toward.

czar996

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    I got the soap treatment a time or two. No biggie. I lived through it. I just stopped cussing!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I got soap 3 times growing up, but I can't remember how many times my mouth got smacked....

Now, personally, I've tried the tabasco sauce, but my second oldest daughter is allergic to it... :dunno: Soap usually works, but when there's no soap around a good ol smack on lips usually does the trick. :)

According to Indiana's CPS, soap is ok, but smacking anything other than the butt is a no-no... :xmad: CPS is a joke.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I learned quite quickly that if you hold your tongue still and it starts to dry out, it definitely isn't as bad. It's when you move your tongue and your saliva starts to lather it up that it really sucks.

Eff that.

Okay, seriously, though. I remember a time, I must have been 8 or 9. I was rebellious and deserved the spanking I got. Mom was nice and used a paddle. After I was done sucking it up I came out and told them I was going to report them for beating me (my mom and step-dad, that is). You know what they did? They laughed in my face for it. Now? Well, can't wait to dispense paddle justice on my child, and laugh when they think they've got something on me... only, I'm afraid by the time I've got an 8 year old (or even a conceived child for that matter) they will actually be able to have something on me with that.
    Me too! The nerve of our parents who do they think they are?

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    BS like this pisses me off, especially when the same people that pressed charges against these parents are the ones cyring "WHY ARE OUR KIDS OUT OF CONTROL AND ACTING LIKE ANIMALS!??!!?!?!?"

Well gee, if you would have washed their mouths out with soap a few years ago, maybe they wouldn't be running around wild?!?!?!??!

As for me, I used to get the classic Ivory white in my mouth. Didn't take me long to figure out not to swear in front of the parents.

Proverbs 13:24 said:
    He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.

Top Bottom