Modern Day Ok Corral Police Shootout.... yeehaw!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Wow, All I could think about for the first minute was "TURN ON YOUR F'ING WINDSHIELD WIPERS"....

After that I couldn't believe that the dumbass immediately got out firing @ officers with a pistol.... from his aim it appeared there were two officers in the patrol car... wth was he thinking?

One less toxin in the gene pool.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    what a ****ing moron..."and then I am going to get out of the car with it still in gear and shoot at some cops, then the door shut all by itself so that took me a little longer to get away, then my truck might hit a telephone pole and then I get shot because I am a worthless peice of **** who deserves every hole they put in me..."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Used my google-fu and it looks like they were already on the lookout for the truck from an earlier drive-by shooting. That also explains the quick arrival of the unmarked backup. They were probably trying to do some sort of "felony traffic stop" when the guy realized they were there and thought he'd go all Thelma and Louise on them. Sorta.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    WELL over 50 shots fired by the officers. Glad that guy can no longer harm anyone.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Looked like a good shoot...... but in the sense of "self defense", shouldn't the officer have stopped firing after the suspect did? It seemed pretty clear to me, watching the video, that the suspect either ran out of rounds, or realized that he was in a losing situation; and as such quit firing at the officers, partly to retrieve his vehicle that was drifting away...... Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to imply that the officers involved did anything wrong. I am merely suggesting that the hail of gunfire might not have been necessary - if indeed the suspect was out of ammo.

The quality of the video is not all that great, and if my eyes are correct, the suspect quit firing when he turned to get back into his truck, and was too occupied with trying to escape to worry about continuing to fire.......

Again, not trying to bash the officers involved..... I would have done the same thing - mag dump, repeat until nothing moves..... but then again, I am just a humble civillian, and have not had the extensive level of threat assesment training that I am certain these professionals have endured. Does this mean that police are just as succeptable to the stresses of a gunfight as a civi? And if so, why are we subjected to a different set of standards?

I fully support LEO's, and do not envy some of the choices that they are forced to make. My point here is that cops are just regular guys in the end......human beings. The badge does not make them anything more, or less. I think that most folks forget that, and take a crappy attitude with LEO's as a result......:twocents:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    The quality of the video is not all that great, and if my eyes are correct, the suspect quit firing when he turned to get back into his truck, to grab his spare magazines/ AR15..........

Fixed that for you.... that should clear up the confusion or conflict of emotions you seem to be experiencing.

The officers on site had no way to know if he was reaching for a reload, for a higher powered weapon or merely trying to get away..... either way, it's hands down a good shoot.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Rain-x

Wow, All I could think about for the first minute was "TURN ON YOUR F'ING WINDSHIELD WIPERS"....

After that I couldn't believe that the dumbass immediately got out firing @ officers with a pistol.... from his aim it appeared there were two officers in the patrol car... wth was he thinking?

One less toxin in the gene pool.

one less tard proving Darwin correct.:rockwoot:

Just goes to show that if you feel the need (operative word is need) to shoot at the cops, it should be done from behind cover, not concealment. And you should use a weapon that you can fire accurately and is at least stout enough to penetrate glass reliably.

as Bugs would say, "Aw, what a maroon!"

The term "good shoot" is, I understand, common terminology for a justified shooting, but it still sounds less than proper somehow. Please excuse my tender sensibilities.:draw:

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Fixed that for you.... that should clear up the confusion or conflict of emotions you seem to be experiencing.

The officers on site had no way to know if he was reaching for a reload, for a higher powered weapon or merely trying to get away..... either way, it's hands down a good shoot.

What he said!!! :yesway:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    One of the videos I watched during some leo training I participated in some years ago was a dash-cam video of a Sheriff's Deputy attempting to arrest a suspect. Over the course of a couple minutes, the suspect berated the deputy, returned to his pickup truck, pulled out a M1 Carbine and proceeded to kill the deputy with multiple shots to the body and a final shot to the head before he got back in his truck and left. Most of us in the classroom would have shot him as soon as he started to draw the rifle out of the truck. It can be a hard call to make - and it can be hard to stop once you start shooting.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I see no problem here and as far as the Officer's continuing to fire until the threat is stopped then so be it. If this guy was willing to jump out and start firing at LE then he was pretty much capable of doing anything.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    One of the videos I watched during some leo training I participated in some years ago was a dash-cam video of a Sheriff's Deputy attempting to arrest a suspect. Over the course of a couple minutes, the suspect berated the deputy, returned to his pickup truck, pulled out a M1 Carbine and proceeded to kill the deputy with multiple shots to the body and a final shot to the head before he got back in his truck and left. Most of us in the classroom would have shot him as soon as he started to draw the rifle out of the truck. It can be a hard call to make - and it can be hard to stop once you start shooting.
    Saw this video too. The back story was that the Sheriffs Deputy was supposedly reprimanded for being overly aggressive on a previous incident and from watching the video it appeared to me he gave that dirtbag way to much leaway when he went back to his truck and started rummaging around behind the seat. It may have utimately cost him his life.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Looked like a good shoot...... but in the sense of "self defense", shouldn't the officer have stopped firing after the suspect did? It seemed pretty clear to me, watching the video, that the suspect either ran out of rounds, or realized that he was in a losing situation; and as such quit firing at the officers, partly to retrieve his vehicle that was drifting away...... Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to imply that the officers involved did anything wrong. I am merely suggesting that the hail of gunfire might not have been necessary - if indeed the suspect was out of ammo.

The quality of the video is not all that great, and if my eyes are correct, the suspect quit firing when he turned to get back into his truck, and was too occupied with trying to escape to worry about continuing to fire.......

Again, not trying to bash the officers involved..... I would have done the same thing - mag dump, repeat until nothing moves..... but then again, I am just a humble civillian, and have not had the extensive level of threat assesment training that I am certain these professionals have endured. Does this mean that police are just as succeptable to the stresses of a gunfight as a civi? And if so, why are we subjected to a different set of standards?

I fully support LEO's, and do not envy some of the choices that they are forced to make. My point here is that cops are just regular guys in the end......human beings. The badge does not make them anything more, or less. I think that most folks forget that, and take a crappy attitude with LEO's as a result......:twocents:
    Self defense is not our ONLY concern. We also have to think about the safety of our fellow citizens. We are allowed to shoot a fleeing felon if they pose such a danger that to allow them to go would put the general public in grave danger. I think this suspect met that criteria.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon

Deputy's name was Kyle Dinkheller and after seeing that video, it made me aware of the difficult decisions faced by officers. The suspect ran back to his vehicle and officers needed to err on the side of caution. Maybe he's jumping into his vehicle to run or maybe he's getting something out. Either way, he needed to go down...

Top Bottom