• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Man I'd love to help figure the electronics out with you... I'm sorta the same way... dcc seems awful pricey... flexible, but pricey

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Man I'd love to help figure the electronics out with you... I'm sorta the same way... dcc seems awful pricey... flexible, but pricey

Thanks. The weird thing is it I can meter it till Im blue in the face and its fine. voltages are there. just doesnt run smooth even after adding multiple feeder wires to each segment. If I find the extra cash I might rip out the Kato Unitrack and relay it the old fashioned way with flex track and separate cork roadbed. But my patience and free time is limited which is why I chose to modify an existing layout with Kato. Plus Im not sure anyone makes a double crossover like that outside of Kato. Thats why I REALLY like this layout. Its hard to see, but I can run it as two distinct sections. One controller running the center switching loop. The other controller runs the outer two loops. With that double crossover I can bidirectionally move between the inner loop or the two outer road loops.

Oh, and I can take extra track and lay it on the kitchen table and it runs fine. :dunno:

EDIT: Now I remember why. Nobody makes a double cross anymore. I'll have to create it from scratch.
    http://www.fiferhobby.com/html/how_to_make_an_atlas_n_code_55.html

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    My Sons and I inherited all my Fathers 'O' gauge sets when he passed. We are planning for a winter project in the basement. MTH, Lionel, etc. The new snap together track and old school w/ pins.

Should be fun.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'll be checking into nwrr on the next open house. The dcc stuff is pricey but one HELLL of a lot easier to wire. I'll be going that route when I get back into it although there will undoubtedly be some blocked track for other uses. I definitely want to have a couple of long mainlines so I can have two different trains running independently. There will be the requisite sidings but I'm not serious enough to develop timetables and switching orders. Yet!

Weird that your system will run on the kitchen table but gets dicey on the layout. I've never been a fan of the kato track but it's more from a realism perspective than anything else.

Top Bottom