• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone try this new rifle yet? Like, Dislike?

Product: Model M&P15-22 Rifle (Standard)
    811030_full.jpg

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Looked into both this and the Colt M-4 AR-15 .22 and without a doubt the Colt was a much better built gun so I picked one of them up and my sons and everyone else that has shot it loves it!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Search for "M&P15-22" shows.... Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    Search for "Model M&P15-22 Rifle (Standard) shows... 20 pages of post (this one being the first) pages 1,2, ad 3 of that search show post which do not deal with this firearms.
    Search for "15-22" show... Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    Search for "M&P 15" shows ... Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I guess I'm searching worng or perhaps not using the right key words but can you please show me the other threads that have reviewed and/or talked about this product. Thanks.

Doing a manual search (going thru the pages manually) I found this in case anyone else wants to read.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/61857-smith_and_wesson_m_and_p_15-22_a-2.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/60895-m_and_p_15-22_a.html

Last edited:

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    I'm gettin one, a threaded one that is.....

I have the Colt, it's Ok, pretty ammo finiky.

I am buying a threaded one of these when Beech Grove has them.

It will be for all the womenz to shoot, even gonna dress it up for them in the appropriate colors.

I've read these are more reliable ammo wise, then the guys at Beech Grove have not had the ammo problems I have with the Colt, must be me I guess.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I have a 15-22. I love it. Zero problems. Eats all ammo, including the cheap stuff. And was surprisingly accurate. I have an M&P-15 and love it too. This is just a lot cheaper to feed.

I thought the Colt looked better, but the shop I was at the Colt was $600 and I got the 15-22 for $400 cash out the door. I haven't shot any of the Colts, but I have no complaints about the S&W.

Randy Divine

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    So. IN
    I shot one today. A friend and I went out to the Henryville range and blasted clay targets at 100 yds with ease. Flawless with FC bulk but the White Box Win. didn't work so well. It's a great little .22.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wonder how easily it can be threaded. I wouldn't mind getting one and putting a can on it. I like how light the thing is.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I wonder how easily it can be threaded. I wouldn't mind getting one and putting a can on it. I like how light the thing is.

dont know what kind of barrel it is, whether is steel or steel with an aluminum housing... the latter is fine provided there isnt any spacing between the two, or overly soft aluminum.... typically the threading will cost 75 dollars by ray saltzman, not sure of turnaround time though.

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    AR with 22 Upper

I, like most shooters, wanted a 22 LR AR style rifle to plink with. After studying what was available I opted for a Tactical Solutions dedicated 22 upper. I bought the one with a flat top and picattinny rail and it has a threaded barrel for my suppressor. The quality of the Tac Sol upper is incredible. I'm in the metal fabrication business and it takes a lot to impress me, I'm impressed! The fit and finish is second to none and the added benefit is I can use my target lower and the same sweet trigger I use when I shoot .223. This combo is deadly and quiet. The only downside is the cost. My upper with the threaded barrel was around $500. :twocents:

Top Bottom