MO Sheriffs & Prosecutors to bring charges against folks speaking out against Obama

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is the most insane election America has ever had.

This is what we have to look forward to.

From KMOV-TV St. Louis
    Obama campaign cracks down on misleading TV ads

September 23rd, 2008

The Barack Obama campaign is asking Missouri law enforcement to target anyone who lies or runs a misleading TV ad during the presidential campaign

Missouri Sheriffs & Top Prosecutors Form Obama "Truth Squads" & Threaten Libel Charges Against Obama Critics

Obamination: Obama Supporters Bob McCulloch, Jennifer Joyce Threaten to Prosecute People For Criticizing Obama

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    You know who else had "truth squads"?

stalin.jpg

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    So, Missouri has criminal libel laws now? I thought libel was a civil matter.

That's exactly the question.

Why is law enforcement involved in this?

Seems to me to be a gross misuse of the power on the part of the sheriff and the prosecutor

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's exactly the question.

Why is law enforcement involved in this?

Seems to me to be a gross misuse of the power on the part of the sheriff and the prosecutor

I can't believe that a DEMOCRAT would do such a thing! :rolleyes:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    That's it! I'm giving Obama negative REP. I further move to change the name for negative REP to DEM.

Example:
    Dude, that was a horrible post. You have been DEM'd.

However... sometimes you're DEM'd if you do and DEM'd if you don't:D

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Where are Quisling gun owners who say they'll vote for Obama because they care about the "rest of the bill of rights?" Obama is showing those useful idiots where he really stands on rights for anyone who gets in his way.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    That's it! I'm giving Obama negative REP. I further move to change the name for negative REP to DEM.

Example:

However... sometimes you're DEM'd if you do and DEM'd if you don't:D

As soon as I can give it to you again, this is getting rep'd. I'd also like to second your motion.

Mr. Fenway, a motion before the board has been made and seconded.

Blessings,
    B

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Where are Quisling gun owners who say they'll vote for Obama because they care about the "rest of the bill of rights?"

The name calling has been elevated to the next level I see. Traitors? Really?

Please clarify. Is this comment aimed at me? Since I am about the only one here publicly making any statements of even tepid support for Obama I can only assume so.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Obama was in congress for less than a year before he decided he was qualified to run america. and now he cries when something ... wrong or right is said. if he is wanting this to be criminal now, what will happen if he takes office. what will happen when our boys come home and want to express their fellings thru the freedom of speech that they have went over to that hell that they call the middle east to fight for. will they have charges filed on them? will they be thrown in jail? if obama has his way maybe. he needs to grow up and put the big boy panties on. the freedom of speech is not criminal

Last edited:

mar_2343

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    NWI

Please clarify. Is this comment aimed at me? Since I am about the only one here publicly making any statements of even tepid support for Obama I can only assume so.
    If the dress fits wear it, if not don't ask. All kidding aside, if you have to ask ,oh well maybe you know the answer already

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars

I read the comment as a rhetorical question. I'll share some advice that is given to me more frequently than I care to acknowledge: It's not always about you. Stop acting like it is.

If the dress fits wear it, if not don't ask. All kidding aside, if you have to ask ,oh well maybe you know the answer already

There are already a large number of inflammatory threads in the politics section. Can we please not have them all degrade into name-calling and all-out flame-wars against each other on this board? This forum is *technically* non-partisan. The members here all support responsible gun ownership, despite political affiliation. Let's try to have one thread that actually stays on the topic of the OP.

Thanks! :)

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I read the comment as a rhetorical question. I'll share some advice that is given to me more frequently than I care to acknowledge: It's not always about you. Stop acting like it is.

Possibly, but I doubt it. If I did read to much into it then I apologize & withdraw the question.

I have looked far & wide on the 'net & the only references I see to this are the ones that use the one TV news report about it & the howling on the right websites over it.

The term "Truth Squad" has been used several times by several campaigns. The only reference to legal action was in regard to Missouri's ethics laws that should be followed in any case.

I tend to think the story was overstated & that a reporter was injecting his politics into the story.

"Scott Holste, speaking Friday on behalf of the Missouri Attorney General's office, was available for comment. He said he had already been contacted about the Channel 4 report, that the Attorney General's office was not involved in any way with truth squads, and that he found the CBS news item to be "a mangled story."

The laws should be enforced for both sides. We should wait to see how this plays out.

mar_2343

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    NWI

There are already a large number of inflammatory threads in the politics section. Can we please not have them all degrade into name-calling and all-out flame-wars against each other on this board? This forum is *technically* non-partisan. The members here all support responsible gun ownership, despite political affiliation. Let's try to have one thread that actually stays on the topic of the OP.

Thanks! :)

I apologize it was nothing against anyone on the board. I had just had a nice little blue vs red state discussion with members of the family. I didn't want to they did, so the first post I saw was this one sorry to everyone and anyone who got offended. Thanks Pami

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Don't know if anyone has seen it, but the MO Governor issued a statement on this yesterday:
    State of Missouri-Governor's Press Announcements - 2008
    Gov. Matt Blunt said:
    JEFFERSON CITY - Gov. Matt Blunt today issued the following statement on news reports that have exposed plans by U.S. Senator Barack Obama to use Missouri law enforcement to threaten and intimidate his critics.

“St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch, St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce, Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer, and Obama and the leader of his Missouri campaign Senator Claire McCaskill have attached the stench of police state tactics to the Obama-Biden campaign.

“What Senator Obama and his helpers are doing is scandalous beyond words, the party that claims to be the party of Thomas Jefferson is abusing the justice system and offices of public trust to silence political criticism with threats of prosecution and criminal punishment.

“This abuse of the law for intimidation insults the most sacred principles and ideals of Jefferson. I can think of nothing more offensive to Jefferson’s thinking than using the power of the state to deprive Americans of their civil rights. The only conceivable purpose of Messrs. McCulloch, Obama and the others is to frighten people away from expressing themselves, to chill free and open debate, to suppress support and donations to conservative organizations targeted by this anti-civil rights, to strangle criticism of Mr. Obama, to suppress ads about his support of higher taxes, and to choke out criticism on television, radio, the Internet, blogs, e-mail and daily conversation about the election.

“Barack Obama needs to grow up. Leftist blogs and others in the press constantly say false things about me and my family. Usually, we ignore false and scurrilous accusations because the purveyors have no credibility. When necessary, we refute them. Enlisting Missouri law enforcement to intimidate people and kill free debate is reminiscent of the Sedition Acts - not a free society.”

Top Bottom