Mixed feelings about gander mountain........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I want to know why is it that they can take the money instantaneously, but it takes 3-5 days to put it back? That makes no sense. They get paid right away, but the customer has to wait for a refund, I though all this electronic crap was going to make it faster and easier.
    You would think so, right? Same thing when you deposit a check (even a local one) and they place a "hold" on your account until it "clears". It pretty much clears as soon as they scan it, but I think some of their rules are a hold over from the days when checks were physically sent to the issuing bank for payment.

goober45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glad it worked out but two things-

Cashiers are only human and it happens. Next time do the cash portion first. Honestly, equal blame there. Hopefully lesson learned.

Refunds... that's how they are processed. It's standard via the CC companies, it isn't the fault of GM.

Accidents happen and the manager went above and beyond. I have no idea how you could ask for more?

I worked at a gas station a couple of years ago, and all you had to do was swipe card again and void the transaction. Maybe things have changed

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I worked at a gas station a couple of years ago, and all you had to do was swipe card again and void the transaction. Maybe things have changed

I use to work at Best Buy. It would often take several days for the money to return to an account. There was nothing Gander Mountain could do. They did nothing wrong beyond the original mistake.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I have had my ups and downs with Gander Mt. The first time walking into one I was very impressed with them and did buy a few guns at Gander Mt. But after a years time they shrank their inventory and went from being able to look at the guns without having to wait for a SA to grab it for you from behind the counter. Once they raised their prices and was ask to leave the store because I told someone the gun they were looking at ,"S&W M&P" for more then 100.00 less at Bradis or PGS, I said I would never go back; this was at the 96th street on the NE side of Indy. This past Fall I went into the Greenwood store and loved it so once again I like them. They will be a little higher in price because of the name but they do have a nice inventory so in the long run you can save money buy not having to pay shipping if you buy most of your things online like I do.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I have found myself judging places on their ability to handle themselves when they screw up. Restaurants, retail.. most people will goof up once in a while.

As for Gander, I have mixed feelings about them as well. Too high with prices most of the time, but I have bought from them when I find a deal.

Top Bottom