• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I have though for some time that we need a person like Mitch Daniels as a President.

Why? Do you want to go through all this crap all over again in 10 or 20 years?

We need a crook like Mitch Daniels about like we need another Bush junior. You may just as well campaign for Barack for ever.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Why? Do you want to go through all this crap all over again in 10 or 20 years?

We need a crook like Mitch Daniels about like we need another Bush junior. You may just as well campaign for Barack for ever.

Crook? How? I'm not a huge Daniels' fan just because of his temperament but if you're going to calumniate him, at least offer specifics.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Crook? How? I'm not a huge Daniels' fan just because of his temperament but if you're going to calumniate him, at least offer specifics.

His big brag is running the state like "a business" and all his fiscal responsibility, LOL.

Sure people in marion county may think every thing is peachy keen. Try to get any thing done at the license branch in the rest of the counties in this state. He's moved every thing to keep his cronies working in Indianapolis. Check out your state properties like state parks and DNR properties and see if they are running "like a business". Running like a business going out of business. They pay their bills late. Some state properties who deal with small vendors like bread delivery, soda delivery, and stuff like that have to switch vendors in the middle of the season because they get cut off for non payment or vendors demand cash on delivery or they won't deliver any more. Some properties are under threat of having their electricity cut off for not paying the light bill.

When Mitch was in the Bush gang he said the war in Iraq would be small change and the oil would pay that bill, did any one really believe that? That feels like a pretty big theft now that it's hitting my wallet.

Mitch Daniels on a national level? :lol2: Yeah, that would be just great. Rewind the current idiot in the white house and just watch it all over again. We could lease the Grand Canyon to the Chinese for 99 years. Maybe privatise and just sell the whole NASA program to the Japanese. At least we would need to worry about the Chinese stealing the technology any more. Mitch Daniels is a moron.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    So, you've got nothing to show he's a "crook," which is the term you used.

When you don't pay your bills on time, you're a crook in my book. When you don't pay them on time habitually and claim you do, you're a crook in any one I know's book.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    When you don't pay your bills on time, you're a crook in my book. When you don't pay them on time habitually and claim you do, you're a crook in any one I know's book.

Your definition would include almost every business and individual in the country. Those also would not be the governor's, but the state's, bills. I don't like defending the governor simply because I think he's too liberal, but these smears are just asinine.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I'm not sure Daniels can be held responsible for individual factions of the government not paying their light bill.

Don't get me wrong: I'm sure he's not perfect - what politician is? But the state is in good shape compared to other states and ya can't argue with the numbers.

As for the BMV, I've had great luck the last 3 or 4 visits under Daniels.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm not sure Daniels can be held responsible for individual factions of the government not paying their light bill.

Don't get me wrong: I'm sure he's not perfect - what politician is? But the state is in good shape compared to other states and ya can't argue with the numbers.

As for the BMV, I've had great luck the last 3 or 4 visits under Daniels.

It's also not fair to judge him on absolutes. He did not put the state into the financial and management mess that it was in when he first took office. He inherited a disaster from an absentee administration that did virtually nothing for more than than two years. He had to make the hard decisions to put the state back onto sound footing. Not all of his decisions were right, in my opinion, but you can't deny he's been effective.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think we are very fortunate to have a Governor like Mitch Daniels. He keeps things moving which is good. Our BMV's down here are great now.

I-69 is actually under construction down here in SW Indiana. He got it done and is to to be commended for that. You've got to also admire his popularity, considering he pulled out a 20 point victory in the middle of the Obama tidal wave.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Your definition would include almost every business and individual in the country. Those also would not be the governor's, but the state's, bills. I don't like defending the governor simply because I think he's too liberal, but these smears are just asinine.

No it wouldn't.

It would include every deadbeat and slow payer in the country and they like to say everybody does it but slow payers saying it doesn't make it true or right. As any vendor when they expect to get paid. Ask any vendor how many times they keep delivering when they haven't been getting paid.

What's asinine is trying to justify not paying a debt when a person or organization agreed to pay it with some line about "everybody does it".

The bread man makes and delivers bread, he's not in the business of finacing three months worth of product for the state.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I voted for Mitch Twice and I feel that he has been a better governor than Bayh & Obannon but just cannot see him as Presidential material. While he has done some shrewd things he has made some terrible appointments that have caused harm to the citizens of the State of Indiana. James Payne being one that should never have been made.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    No it wouldn't.

It would include every deadbeat and slow payer in the country and they like to say everybody does it but slow payers saying it doesn't make it true or right. As any vendor when they expect to get paid. Ask any vendor how many times they keep delivering when they haven't been getting paid.

What's asinine is trying to justify not paying a debt when a person or organization agreed to pay it with some line about "everybody does it".

The bread man makes and delivers bread, he's not in the business of finacing three months worth of product for the state.

********. If you think Mitch is sitting there with a checkbook deciding who to stiff you're a moron. You don't like, take it up with your state senator or rep, they hold the purse strings. And if you say you've never been late with paying a bill, you're a liar, period. You want to be the imbecile wing, you're welcome to it. Tell us which specific bills were not paid, what were the terms, to whom and if you're too lazy to write the people who can actually fix it, we will do the writing too. OK?

[edit]By the way, the state's bills are paid by the state auditor, an independent elected office, not the executive departments of the governor, which took about 3 minutes of web search to find out. If you're going to make idiotic accusations, at least find the right person to make them against.

Last edited:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    If our State succeeded from the Union - we want to be the only country with a budget surplus. more jobs and one of the few States with the most liberty.

I think it would be best to keep Gov. Daniels in our great State!

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    I am happy with Mitch and I think he has done some great things for Indiana. As far as privitizing things, I am all for it. If it is not a legitimate function of government then the state should not be doing it. If a private business can do it better then great.

Mitch did not sell off the DOC he privitized ONE (1) prison, and the problems that happened there were not because of that. They had more to do with the ARIZONA inmates having their property taken away.

That being said, I did not vote for Mitch. I voted for the man that used the Constition as his guide to governing.

http://wedeclare.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/indiana-constitution-book.pdf

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    Although I would love to see Mitch run for Pres or even take Lugar's spot when he retires, I have a close friend that is Mitch's aid and from what he has told me Mitch does not want to run for any political office after his second term. This is in part because his wife said no more and because he just wants to use his skills elsewhere, outside of the political world.

boredstupid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Mitch did not sell off the DOC he privitized ONE (1) prison, and the problems that happened there were not because of that. They had more to do with the ARIZONA inmates having their property taken away.

A month after the riot, a "post event analysis" was released by the Indiana Department of Corrections. While placing blame on the Arizona transportees, the report admits failings on the Indiana corrections side(GEO) as well, mainly understaffing and poorly trained personnel, but also very vague rules about what the Arizona prisoners were expected to do.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ********. If you think Mitch is sitting there with a checkbook deciding who to stiff you're a moron. You don't like, take it up with your state senator or rep, they hold the purse strings. And if you say you've never been late with paying a bill, you're a liar, period. You want to be the imbecile wing, you're welcome to it. Tell us which specific bills were not paid, what were the terms, to whom and if you're too lazy to write the people who can actually fix it, we will do the writing too. OK?

[edit]By the way, the state's bills are paid by the state auditor, an independent elected office, not the executive departments of the governor, which took about 3 minutes of web search to find out. If you're going to make idiotic accusations, at least find the right person to make them against.

No, it's not ********, and no I am not a liar.

Seems "deadbeat" and "slow payer" strikes a nerve with you though. You should be in good company with Mitch.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom