• Status
    Not open for further replies.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I have though for some time that we need a person like Mitch Daniels as a President. The thing for me though is that he's doing such a good thing for Indiana that I hate to let him go. I want to be selfish and keep him here.. hehehehehehe

I believe he said he wouldn't run again for re-election. Who knows about that though until the time actually comes.

Daniels may be considered for national run- News

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The thing for me though is that he's doing such a good thing for Indiana that I hate to let him go. I want to be selfish and keep him here.

His term here would be up when the next President takes office in 2013.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    He would be great. He has a great state policy that he could run on. He balanced the budget, brought us clean energy, and gave us better firearm laws. He has my vote.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    His term here would be up when the next President takes office in 2013.

yes and??? As far as I know there is no term limit for Governor in Indiana so he could run again.

I honestly think he could do a lot of good for the U.S. as president but then the new Governor of Indiana could turn around and put Indiana back in the negative/red.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd like to see him in Congress and/or the Senate...

He'd NEVER be able to win a Presidential bid. As we all well know, someone's policy history and politics don't matter. Today, it's all about how they LOOK.

Governor Daniels just couldn't swing the campaign in that regard.

-J-

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    yes and??? As far as I know there is no term limit for Governor in Indiana so he could run again.

He could not run in 2012.

IN CONST.
    ARTICLE 5.​

Executive.

Section 1. The executive power of the State shall be vested in a Governor. He shall hold his office during four years, and shall not be eligible more than eight years in any period of twelve years.
    (History: As Amended November 7, 1972).

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    He would be perfect for the whole "reshaping of the GOP".

I can see it now. GOP leaders fight for your rights, to pay lower taxes, protect EVERY amendment and promote clean energy.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    O01239I-U480Y97HU

I would love to see Mitch become president, but I don't think he can. He's a small state (electoral college wise) governor without a lot of national exposure. Unless he decides soon to run in '12 and starts getting his name into national news (ala Obama almost immediately after her got elected to the senate), he won't get enough support to win the primaries, let alone the actual election.
    Mike Huckabee is an excellent example of what I mean. He was the conservative governor of a small state, with little national exposure. McCain cleaned his clock because McCain's name had been bandied about in the MSM for years and people knew who he was.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    gotta be honest guys. i can't stand mitch daniels. he made me break my "straight republican" voting.

i have met him twice. just won't vote for the man.

boredstupid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Try working as an employee of the state and then tell me he would be a good presidential candidate. Granted I know the state has never worked right, but morale among state employees is low. Daniels has done a lot of good for the state, but what is the cost. Leasing a toll road, privatizing prisons, and thinking about leasing out the lottery. Then all of the scandals he was allegedly involved in, I don't see him running for president. He would probably do well in the House or Senate.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Try working as an employee of the state and then tell me he would be a good presidential candidate. Granted I know the state has never worked right, but morale among state employees is low. Daniels has done a lot of good for the state, but what is the cost. Leasing a toll road, privatizing prisons, and thinking about leasing out the lottery. Then all of the scandals he was allegedly involved in, I don't see him running for president. He would probably do well in the House or Senate.

creating jobs!!

just not here.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't know, as another(former) state employee, the only thing I saw him do was IMPROVE the way things worked at the state level. The BMV works now, foodservice costs in the prisons has been cut almost in half(private, rather than state funded positions with retirement, etc.), the toll roads MAKE money rather than cost, and if he privatizes the lottery, well, that seems like it may work as well. When I worked for the state, people were up in arms because the prison foodservice was going private. Well, most of the people complaing were CO's that moved to the kitchen because they were tired of, or couldn't handle custody. All those people making state prevailing wage and benefits, doing half what custody employees did, of course they complain, the paycheck(not that it was huge), and the retirement were going to dry up.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I like him more than dislike him, but not much more. Hes a hypocrite. And signed a bill that has ruined collage lives..... Had this same bill been in place when he was arrested for 3 felonies for possession and sale of marijuana and a pills charge and only convicted of a A-misdemeanor. He would have not been allowed to finish Collage or become our Governor many years later. He promised many things that he no longer cared about after they got him elected. Hes as much as a crook as the rest..... hes just smart enought to take care of the biggest issues at hand and and do it well..... But I think he would be a much better president than Obama. And he has much more experiance and is more intouch with the basics.

if this post makes no since blame the pills the doc game me... Ive not been this stoned since high-school

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Mitch has done a fair job, IMO. I'm not real big on the privatization of the Toll Road, mainly because my fastest route home from Maryland has become more expensive. Presidential bid in 2012? No, not yet. Senate bid? Definitely! Lugar needs to go and I believe Mitch would be a better Senator for Indiana than our last Governor who moved to DC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom