• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I didn't post this as an anti anything. Just an article for discussion. I happen to think Daniel's has done a pretty decent job as governor. I'm just not willing to refuse to look at the whole picture.

hmmm, touche sales person.....I'll keep watching, this thread entertains me with idiocracy:):

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    It doesn't matter, it was a long time ago, was caught and whatever happened. Have things changed? Yes. If you are young and havent broken some type of law you are either a lying POS or someone living in the utopia of LSD......

It was a different time and different place(Hell a pound of grass back then was personal use in about 6 hours), so don't get panties in a bunch like these people digging up 40yo mud:noway:

mrjarrell, I know its brought up for discussion, but are you and rambone just anti_everything?

It truly does not matter in my mind if he did drugs. To be honest, I do not even think negatively of him having distributed drugs. When you consider how long ago it was, and how young he was, it is even less of an issue - because people do change.

However, the system's leniency towards him has made the difference between where he is today, and the person he may have been if he were to serve the punishment he wants for others. Since he believes "justice was served" for him - should the same justice not apply to others? Why push for harder punishment for others that make the same mistakes you made, if you feel the lesser punishment you got was just?

I do not dislike Mitch Daniels, and I truly believe he has positively contributed to society. I just also happen to think, of all people, someone who has had that personal experience with second chances should not stand for legislation that would make it different for others.

Last edited:

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    It truly does not matter in my mind if he did drugs. To be honest, I do not even think negatively of him having distributed drugs. When you consider how long ago it was, and how young he is, it is even less of an issue - because people do change.

However, the system's leniency towards him has made the difference between where he is today, and the person he may have been if he were to serve the punishment he wants for others. Since he believes "justice was served" for him - should the same justice not apply to others? Why push for harder punishment for others that make the same mistakes you made, if you feel the lesser punishment you got was just?

I do not dislike Mitch Daniels, and I truly believe he has positively contributed to society. I just also happen to think, of all people, someone who has had that personal experience with second chances should not stand for legislation that would make it different for others.

voter pressure.......I would bet any of your issues can be attributed to that, I for one believe that discretion should never be overlooked, at the leo point and court of law point. It changes from day to day, but it works......usually

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    voter pressure.......I would bet any of your issues can be attributed to that, I for one believe that discretion should never be overlooked, at the leo point and court of law point. It changes from day to day, but it works......usually

That, at least to a degree, I can accept.

Wanting a politician to not act like a politician would be foolish.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No reason to think it will be an issue in any Presidential campaign. He successfully navigated and won two gubernatorial campaigns. No reason to believe a national campaign would be any different.

Two shoeboxes for 3 roommates? Is it possible his sentence reflects the lack of evidence to pin it all on him? Were the sentences of the roommates equally light?

I fail to see how Mitch is responsible for this. Let us not forget that it was at the discretion of the prosecutor and presumably a judge to accept such a light sentence.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    They had evidence... and he does not deny the accusations... he just attributes them to mistakes he made as a youth.

He got off light because he plea bargained with the prosecutor - a common situation. Prosecutor says: "Hey, agree to this lesser charge, and I will recommend this punishment." Defendant is scared of the outcome of a trial and takes the plea deal - the prosecutor can skip a jury trial and gets a slam dunk conviction.

But, he is still responsible for his actions... they were just so long ago, that most people do not care... it just looks bad, just like it would for anyone with that on their record.

It should not affect his presidential prospects... but they are already slim, so... moot point in the end.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    They had evidence... and he does not deny the accusations... he just attributes them to mistakes he made as a youth.

He got off light because he plea bargained with the prosecutor - a common situation. Prosecutor says: "Hey, agree to this lesser charge, and I will recommend this punishment." Defendant is scared of the outcome of a trial and takes the plea deal - the prosecutor can skip a jury trial and gets a slam dunk conviction.

But, he is still responsible for his actions... they were just so long ago, that most people do not care... it just looks bad, just like it would for anyone with that on their record.

It should not affect his presidential prospects... but they are already slim, so... moot point in the end.

Yes, he's responsible for HIS actions. But once again, half of INGO is holding someone responsible for the actions of others. His acceptance of terms offered is not the same thing as dictating those terms, and that would be the only reason to get the panties in a pinch over it IMO.

Top Bottom