• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    On one thing that I was listening to they said that there is an exception to the miranda rights when there is a situation that directly involves the safety of the public. They were basically saying that in an instance like this with the bombings, there could be more IEDs out and about that havent detonated yet. They said that after direct questioning regarding the dafety of the public or any other things he had set up, hewould then be read his miranda rights.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I'm sure a picture of the second suspect being taken into custody has already been posted, but there are too many posts to look through.

LiveLeak-dot-com-8942a9137069-1366422123456.jpg

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    On one thing that I was listening to they said that there is an exception to the miranda rights when there is a situation that directly involves the safety of the public. They were basically saying that in an instance like this with the bombings, there could be more IEDs out and about that havent detonated yet. They said that after direct questioning regarding the dafety of the public or any other things he had set up, hewould then be read his miranda rights.

The following was taken from WTHR news story:

No Miranda Rights read
    A Justice Department official says the Boston Marathon bombing suspect will not be read his Miranda rights because the government is invoking a public safety exception.
    That official and a second person briefed on the investigation says 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will be questioned by a special interrogation team for high-value suspects. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to disclose the information publicly.
    The public safety exception permits law enforcement officials to engage in a limited and focused unwarned interrogation of a suspect and allows the government to introduce the statement as evidence in court. The public safety exception is triggered when police officers have an objectively reasonable need to protect the police or the public from immediate danger.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Barry just told the nation what he has "Instructed" the FBI to do. As if they have no freaking idea . That POS makes me freaking nuts.
    7 years of higher education spent snortin' booger-sugar, smoking crack, and badmouthing your country makes you an expert on everything.:rolleyes:

Barry couldn't defend a picnic basket from ants, but he's gonna tell law enforcement how to do their jobs. Effin tool!

Last edited:

Killion

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Indianapolis/warren
    made a new leather holster and reloaded some 300 blackout now I'm back!

Zubeidat K. Tsarnaeva, the mother of Boston bombing suspects Dzhokar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, said Friday that her eldest son Tamerlan was under the control of the FBI.“He was controlled by the FBI, like for three, five years,” she told Russia Today during an interview. ”They knew what my son was doing, they knew what actions and what sites on the Internet he was going [to], they used to come…and talk to me…they were telling me that he was really a serious leader and they were afraid of him.”

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The following was taken from WTHR news story:

No Miranda Rights read
    A Justice Department official says the Boston Marathon bombing suspect will not be read his Miranda rights because the government is invoking a public safety exception.
    That official and a second person briefed on the investigation says 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will be questioned by a special interrogation team for high-value suspects. The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to disclose the information publicly.
    The public safety exception permits law enforcement officials to engage in a limited and focused unwarned interrogation of a suspect and allows the government to introduce the statement as evidence in court. The public safety exception is triggered when police officers have an objectively reasonable need to protect the police or the public from immediate danger.

Contrary to poular belief (from tv) an LEO is NOT required to read a suspect their Miranda rights when they are arrested/taken into custody. Only when/prior to questioning them!

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Contrary to poular belief (from tv) an LEO is NOT required to read a suspect their Miranda rights when they are arrested/taken into custody. Only when/prior to questioning them!

This is a special situation. My memory of studying Miranda vs Arizona is that under normal circumstances the arresting agency would want to read the rights to the person being arrested asap. If I remember correctly any confession prior to the rights being read in a language the person understand can be tossed out in court. They can say I did it and it would be thrown out.

Open to corrections if I am wrong.:popcorn:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is a special situation. My memory of studying Miranda vs Arizona is that under normal circumstances the arresting agency would want to read the rights to the person being arrested asap. If I remember correctly any confession prior to the rights being read in a language the person understand can be tossed out in court. They can say I did it and it would be thrown out.

Open to corrections if I am wrong.:popcorn:

This was a special circumstance however an LEO is not required to read a suspect their Miranda rights at the time of arrest for any arrest (DUI, Burglery, robbery etc). Do most LE Agencies have SOP's on it? probably some but you don't HAVE to read a Miranda rights just to arrest them. Only unless they are going to be questiond. You can still question a suspect without Mirandising them however normally any statements before the Miranda reading would not be admissible but that does'nt mean the case will automaticlly get dismissed/thrown out. The public safety clause which is what the bomber falls under they can use any statements made admissible Mirandised or not per US Supreme Court

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom