• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Went into the 1500 today as a man on a mission. I braved the line that extended to the entrance of the parking lot. Surprisingly, the line got to the door in about 10 minutes. I had to take out a $20 cause I forgot you must be raped to get in the door. ($12 :n00b:). I went through the row on th North side with all the ammo guys, got 1000 .308s, and exited the building carrying the boxes on each shoulder. Got some funny looks too. After carrying them all across 38th to the car, round trip was 40 mins. Left me with the rest of my day. Anybody else ever go to a show just to buy one thing?

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Went into the 1500 today as a man on a mission. I braved the line that extended to the entrance of the parking lot. Surprisingly, the line got to the door in about 10 minutes. I had to take out a $20 cause I forgot you must be raped to get in the door. ($12 :n00b:). I went through the row on th North side with all the ammo guys, got 1000 .308s, and exited the building carrying the boxes on each shoulder. Got some funny looks too. After carrying them all across 38th to the car, round trip was 40 mins. Left me with the rest of my day. Anybody else ever go to a show just to buy one thing?

For the money and the effort, I am sure you could have ordered it online shipped to your door for $50 or more cheaper.

tman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Indy Area
    I went for 2 things and didn't find either item anywhere. Both items are pretty obscure so not really too surprised to leave empty handed.

I got there at 7:50 and think I finally got to the door about 8:05. I left around 10 and it was pretty crowded. It wasn't as crowded as I have seen the South Pavilion at times but there was a line of about 50 people flowing in.

Seemed to be a more jewelry and soap tables.

Last edited:

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    For the money and the effort, I am sure you could have ordered it online shipped to your door for $50 or more cheaper.
    Actually, after tax, the price (including entry fee) pretty much equaled price before shipping on any of the ammo Ive seen online. Not only that, I dont have to wait to get it or deal with backorders. 7.62/.308 (or any military bulk buy) is kind of a hot commodity. If I can get it now for a little labor, Ill take it. Besides, this should get me through until I can get some supplies to start reloading. I thought I came out on top. If there is some big secret everyone knows about where you can get ammo for dirt cheap online and its always cheaper than anywhere else, let me know.

xxxleafybugxxx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    I don't really count the 12 dollar entrance fee. I have fun just walking around and viewing things, so for that alone, the 12 was worth it. I did however buy a tin of 7n6 for 180, and this was a very fair price. In fact, if I ordered that online, it would have been 190 including shipping, so it really did end up being even. But like I said, I don't count the entrance fee. It was a fun event, and as my first gun show, I had a lot of fun just looking around! I'm excited for the 1500 to come back (whenever that will be) Also, I was able to buy federal power shok for my 308 for cheaper than walmart prices, so overall, it was a good day, with some good buys! Next time, I'll hopefully be able to dedicate myself a bit more time to brows. Worth it though!

Top Bottom