• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopGun_23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    I shoot bows a lot and I shoot mainly target/competition. I shoot a Mathews Genesis bow. I am thinking about getting a Mission bow. I've heard a lot of good things about these bows and I was wondering if it would be a good buy?

If a Mission bow would be a good buy which one would you recommend? :rockwoot:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Have you been shooting fingers or release with your Genesis?

Nice entry level bow, gotten a lot of people started in archery :) There is a performance leap when going to a different design though.

The Mission Ballistic is the hotrod, twin cam and short. More aggressive draw.

The Rally is their target model.

Outside of the constant draw weight bows (like Genesis and others of that "type"....almost all other bows today are designed for use with a mechanical release.

"Fingers" and wheels seems to be a lost art :(

The old Endeavor was nice, the new Venture is similar IIRC, but may be lacking the dampener/orifice.

My kid is getting a Menace soon.

TopGun_23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Have you been shooting fingers or release with your Genesis?

Nice entry level bow, gotten a lot of people started in archery :) There is a performance leap when going to a different design though.

The Mission Ballistic is the hotrod, twin cam and short. More aggressive draw.

The Rally is their target model.

Outside of the constant draw weight bows (like Genesis and others of that "type"....almost all other bows today are designed for use with a mechanical release.

"Fingers" and wheels seems to be a lost art :(

The old Endeavor was nice, the new Venture is similar IIRC, but may be lacking the dampener/orifice.

My kid is getting a Menace soon.

I use fingers(NASP rules), but I have used a mechanical release. I recently shot in the NASP national tournament, which featured many Mission bows, and I was the most interested in the Venture. And Thankyou very much for the information.

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    I'm kind of an archery noob, but I bought Riot last year to hunt with. It wasn't too expensive and shoots quite nicely. It was accurate enough to double lung a buck from 32 yards.

DBoller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I won a Mission Craze at a wild game banquet my church did and I'm very happy with it. I'd definetely reccomend the Mission line.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The Venture is designed for using a mechanical release. IMHO the only rig maybe usable with fingers would be the Rally.

Some shoot 65% letoff bows with fingers, using 2 under. I always thought that weird feeling, have always shot split (1 top, 2 below). Consequently I need about 25# holding.

60# initial aint gonna get it.

My only hope for a fingers bow is an Oneida Black Eagle (50 or 55% let off capable).

I had a 72# Hoyt Protec and played around shooting fingers. It was doable, but touchy, too touchy to hunt with IMHO. It was 65% letoff.

FWIW I use a KP300 tab, calf hair.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    I have a Venture, I shoot it well. I'm only going on my 3rd season archery hunting, but I have killed deer with the bow. I would buy another. I'm not making 50-60 yards shots and shooting in competitions so I'm not asking my bow to do crazy things.

I would recommend it for a guy like me.

Maverick 94

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    I don't shoot competitions besides league shoots, and I don't shoot fingers. However I have shot for a long time and know a thing or two about bows. For competition/target bows you'll want a long ATA or axle to axle and a bigger brace height. The longer the ATA the less finger pinch you'll get and the bigger brace height the more forgiving the bow will be. The key to buying a new bow is going and actually shooting them. Many pro shops will let you shoot their bows before buying them as well as adjusting the draw length to your specific length, as the higher quality bows have specific draw length increments. A big part of this ordeal is to decide on how much money you want to spend and research accordingly. There are many good companies and almost all make good competition bows. Of the current Mission Bows offered by Mathews, I would pick the Rally as it's longer ATA. Sorry if this is confusing at all.

Top Bottom