• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your well prepared for the SHTF. Good supply of all necessary items, family members are on board, everything is not perfect, but you are better prepared than 95% population.

While training to keep yourself fit with a certified instructor, you are hit with a back injury that the Dr. says will take at least six weeks to heal.

What's the impact if the SHTF one week into the healing process?

That bug out bag is going to feel pretty heavy if you have to walk out of a situation.

How hard do you push it? Push too hard and further injury could put you in a serious situation with little ability to do any physical work.

Defending your home with a 12 GA could make for some interesting sensations.

Your thoughts?

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Life happens. That is why it is best to have family to help you out or friends that you can count on.

Some one will have to take up the slack while you heal. Most likely it will be your wife.

As for pushing yourself, that will only cost you more damage and the need for more time to heal.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A good Well organized cache system and a trusted inner circle of family and or friends is something everyone should at least look into. Also why beat yourself up with a 12ga when a 20ga will complete the task just as well and that's a fact jack.
    Adapt and live or don't and become a victim. A strong mind will find a way to work around a weak body.

Roadracer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good points!

Ironically I just added a 20GA to my preps. Same thought.

It struck me that having someone in group with medical experience is not just an abstract item on a check list, but the difference between success (surviving) and not.

The human body can do amazing things, much more than we think.

As a rookie, I was looking to see if someone had a perspective I hadn't thought of. Guess I was over thinking things.

medicr224

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Have you given any thought to have a supply of disposable cold and heat packs? These are fairly inexpensive and small but could make the hurting a bit easier.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    I think in this situation and about 90% of all other times we would be buggin IN and not OUT. Even if we lived somewhere where we were first planning to bug out I think we would just stay put and let the injury heal for as long as possible. This is one reasons that it is so important for everyone to be comfortable with shooting the guns along with the other tasks you might need to do. This way they could do the protecting, fire starting, cooking, etc. until you are healed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think in this situation and about 90% of all other times we would be buggin IN and not OUT. Even if we lived somewhere where we were first planning to bug out I think we would just stay put and let the injury heal for as long as possible. This is one reasons that it is so important for everyone to be comfortable with shooting the guns along with the other tasks you might need to do. This way they could do the protecting, fire starting, cooking, etc. until you are healed.

I agree. Staying put has its advantages. Especially when everyone else will be leaving town in their tanks and such.

Top Bottom