• phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You believe Reuters? Or do I have to find the video of testimony
    "Full Employment"

I'm betting that'll be redefined, at least partially, in coming years if these evil vermin maintain power.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    You believe Reuters? Or do I have to find the video of testimony

That’s sufficient and it doesn’t sound like she’s trying to “change definition of recession”

She is trying to push the “we might be going into a recession but it doesn’t HAVE to be bad” narrative that’s starting to float out of the corporate media shills. I know there’s been a few articles like that in the last week or so.

Of course, what do you expect from the “You can keep your doctor under my plan” crew.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    All the various definitions used by government for statistics have been tweaked since the start, by most administrations
    "Tweaked" doesn't quite cover the lies this group is spewing.

"Two weeks to flatten the curve"

"Most secure election in history"

"Trump colluded with the Russians"

"The vaccine is proven safe and effective"

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    "Tweaked" doesn't quite cover the lies this group is spewing.

"Two weeks to flatten the curve"

"Most secure election in history"

"Trump colluded with the Russians"

"The vaccine is proven safe and effective"

None of that is related to the very specific issue of government statistics.

You can change the unemployment rate by simply not counting segments of the population who you deem no longer looking for work, which was the “adjustment” I believe Obama made.

Or including shooting deaths of 18-20 year old gang members in the violence against children stats, a Clinton innovation.

Various past Presidents “we’ll have the troops home by Christmas”

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    And it's not just the left...

Here is one such article I mentioned before

Whether it’s President Biden insisting a recession is avoidable or his critics arguing that the wolf is at the door, both sides are acting as if the nation faces an unprecedented catastrophe.

Partly it’s political theater — Biden fighting on behalf of an already beleaguered presidency and many of the doomsayers hoping a downturn could be the coup de grace for Democrats.

Behind the rhetoric, the reality is that recessions are a normal part of American economic life. The U.S. has had one, on average, every 6½ years since 1945.

And in the present case, most professional economists think any downturn now is likely to be relatively mild, with a fairly quick recovery.

“We’re calling for a small ‘r’ recession,” said Jack Ablin, chief investment officer at Cresset Capital. “It means it’s not going to be protracted and things aren’t going to fall apart,” as they did during the Great Recession and again in 2020 when the pandemic struck.

and I feel fine...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So, is it okay for us to lie about what they did or did not say? Did Yellen actually say what was in that tweet? I didn’t find anything of substance with that quote.

So, are the lies the Biden admin is pushing appreciable worse than the lies of say the Johnson admin?
    What search engine did you use? Google is worthless for content that doesn't support the greater glory of the Biden administration

If you are skeptical, start with a tweet or other truthy tidbit that you already know exists, and is at least a day old, and then search and see if you can find it

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    What search engine did you use? Google is worthless for content that doesn't support the greater glory of the Biden administration

If you are skeptical, start with a tweet or other truthy tidbit that you already know exists, and is at least a day old, and then search and see if you can find it

Brave and duckduckgo, used the direct quote, with and without quotes. Not my first rodeo.

That first tweet, with no source linked, raised red flags for me. Should for anyone, especially if they are purporting to quote someone directly. Heavy levels of shenanigans these days with partial quotes, quotes out of context and quotes that aren't even quotes.

My (minor) quibbles now are the title of this thread and saying that somehow the Biden administration is so unique in their spin that they represent an anomaly in American history.

That's not saying that it's acceptable behavior, just that a certain amount of lying and spin is to be expected. Does anyone really believe all of a politicians campaign "promises?"

Some of these are in relation to look how bad Trump is compared to other Presidents, but they've got good examples from our history.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    So, is it okay for us to lie about what they did or did not say? Did Yellen actually say what was in that tweet? I didn’t find anything of substance with that quote.

So, are the lies the Biden admin is pushing appreciable worse than the lies of say the Johnson admin?
    Do I know this POS really said what was quoted? Nope! It's enough that I believe she would say it, and more.

I try to apply logic and reason. I look at the effects I can see for myself. I've concluded that I'm being lied to, in big ways. I've concluded that these people are deceitful and corrupt to the core, AND they are knowingly and intentionally doing harm.

Once I get to that, which words came out of what mouth doesn't really matter to me. I only care about cause, effect, and response.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Do I know this POS really said what was quoted? Nope! It's enough that I believe she would say it, and more.

I try to apply logic and reason. I look at the effects I can see for myself. I've concluded that I'm being lied to, in big ways. I've concluded that these people are deceitful and corrupt to the core, AND they are knowingly and intentionally doing harm.

Once I get to that, which words came out of what mouth doesn't really matter to me. I only care about cause, effect, and response.

I want to be fighting what they actually say and do, not what my imagination thinks they could say and do. There's plenty to fight against without making stuff up.

Top Bottom