• ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Skip it..the only guys that say they are accurate arthe guys that own them...ask people who used to own one...they get rid of it because the mags from ruger are the only ones that work and they cost fourty to fifty bucks...the rings are not rock splid...the rear aights owork loose ...the rifle will jot group for *****...they are fun to shoot and 99% reliable...i have had four and gave up on all of them..a palmetto state armory ar 15 is better...cheaper...more user seviceable...much more accurate...i have had both the old and the new 580 series..just skip it and get an ar or if u like that style then get thw rifle riger copied ...the garand...if u plan on just setting it by your bed and shooting intruders thwn it is just fine but if u want out of the box accuraxy without buying a target model for anyrhing more than fifty yards and three to eight inch groups then skip it and get an ar 15 which are able to customized like lego....and mags cost 8-15 bucks which will work every time

I agree with you--I THINK--Hard post to read...Bill.

tbone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    gosport area
    i think they are great.way cheaper to get,and feed than m- 1 or m- 14 .but very dependable .i would love to see them in 308 for same price range.just cant afford a socom16 or m14 scout at this time.

Moorephine

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 1, 2013
    Bloomington
    They are a lot of fun and look cool, because M14. Other then that, you will get much better performance out of an AR style rifle for less money. That being said, I have one and love it as a fun gun

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I bought a mini-14 in 1984 and shot it for several years with no issues. Had to sell it a couple years later. Bought another one in 2003. Didn't shoot it as much, but still had no issues. Sold it because I was going in a different direction, not because I didn't want to keep it. Someone upthread complained about it not being left-hand friendly, but I bought it because it was so much more southpaw-friendly than the AR; safety in the trigger guard; disassembles like an M1-Garand; I had no issues with brass in my face or hair; no issues with magazines. I'd buy another one.

beardo87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2013
    Steuben County
    I own a 582 series in all-weather stainless and i absolutely love it. It is miles beyond an ar15 as far as reliability is concerned. I have been using promags without any issues as long as they are 20 rd mags. It doesnt seem to like 30 rd promags. I outfitted mine with a ATI strikeforce stock. I suggest buying an adjustable gas block if you save brass though. The gas system is so agressive that the brass is thrown about 30 ft away.

Top Bottom