• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I owned and sold one of the newer model "Ranch Rifle" Mini 14. I miss that gun, should have kept it. It was reliable and accurate. I only used factory Ruger magazines, no issues. I have seen it stated that the newer Ranch Rifle models took care of the notorious accuracy issues they had in the past. Mine shot well, no complaints

BlueDog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    NE Indiana
    The new model is great, and you should get one if that's what you want (I suggest avoiding the old model). As mentioned by others, stick with factory mags - all others just cause frustration. I have heard that the Tapco mags work well for some, but my experience was that they were too big for the mag well. I suppose you could trim those down if you had too, but again just stick with factory mags.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The new model is great, and you should get one if that's what you want (I suggest avoiding the old model). As mentioned by others, stick with factory mags - all others just cause frustration. I have heard that the Tapco mags work well for some, but my experience was that they were too big for the mag well. I suppose you could trim those down if you had too, but again just stick with factory mags.

We need Magpul to make some decent mags.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I really wanted one thirty years ago but they had issues. They have been redesigned a couple of times and I hear the newer ones 2008 and up are pretty good.

Hey, if they are good enough to defend Bermuda they will probably be good enough to defend your property. I am sure you have a nice place but I would rather takeover Bermuda. :)

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I bought a Mini 14 in 1994, on the eve of the Clinton era assault/ hi-cap magazine ban. This is not my favorite .223/5.56, but I will keep it because it is more reliable with less maintenance than any of my ARs. This gun currently wears a Hogue overmolded stock, which makes the gun handle great. Fortunately, my gun has run reliably with cheap, no name aftermarket magazines. This gun doesn't have a plethora of small springs, roll pins,and parts that can easily be lost like an AR. But it is not as accurate as my ARs. And it cannot be configured a million ways to suite the owner's personal tastes like an AR.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    ...And it cannot be configured a million ways to suite the owner's personal tastes like an AR.

oh, pleeeze! :):

Mini-1411.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Love my mini! ol' poke.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Last spring the Mini 14 got terrible reviews from INGO. I have wanted one for years. At least 25 years. Something about ARs I'm not found of. Don't ask, maybe it goes back to the first time I shot one in the mid 80's. My brothers Colt. It was just weird. Nothing really wrong with it. Just seemed like a toy gun. You guys are making me want a mini 14 again. I like wood stocks, and traditional looks. Hmmm.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Skip it..the only guys that say they are accurate arthe guys that own them...ask people who used to own one...they get rid of it because the mags from ruger are the only ones that work and they cost fourty to fifty bucks...the rings are not rock splid...the rear aights owork loose ...the rifle will jot group for *****...they are fun to shoot and 99% reliable...i have had four and gave up on all of them..a palmetto state armory ar 15 is better...cheaper...more user seviceable...much more accurate...i have had both the old and the new 580 series..just skip it and get an ar or if u like that style then get thw rifle riger copied ...the garand...if u plan on just setting it by your bed and shooting intruders thwn it is just fine but if u want out of the box accuraxy without buying a target model for anyrhing more than fifty yards and three to eight inch groups then skip it and get an ar 15 which are able to customized like lego....and mags cost 8-15 bucks which will work every time

Top Bottom