• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • endor43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    I just purchased a mini 14 stainless synthetic stock. I was at the Roush lake gun range friday all after noon and sighted it in. I was shooting a 1'' group at a 100yds with a scope. Its not the most accurate rifle but not many guns are as fun to shoot, especially when you are hitting people on the other side of the range with your brass!!!:ar15: The range master gave me a brass deflector! All is better!

nice

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Love the Minis...

Barrel heat issue: First thing I did to mine was have an outfit cryotreat the barrel and reciever. Cost $50+shipping. Cut the heat stringing down to about a quarter of what it would do normally (example: starting MOA about 2-3, after 20rounder quickly 6-8MOA, after 2-3 MOA all day, minimal flyers in more rapid shooting)

Flash hider: Get one. Thread the barrel and get a flashhider. Damps the harmonics of the barrel a touch and cut an average .25-.5MOA off. Threading done by local goon and flash hider $50+$20 for threading by machine shop. If possible, have the barrel cut back to 16", that goes far to eliminate barrel whip. Skip Harbars and other harmonic bars. Have yet to have one work to any significant effect with all the mods I mention.

Adjustable gas plug: Critical. Ditch the crap Wolf ammo if crying about accuracy. Get the plug and adjust it for good cycling but the bolt isn't slamming into rear of reciever (common accuracy degradation point). Cut about .5 MOA off. About $50 from online dealer.

My non-target model Mini was doing about 1.5-2MOA depending on ammo and my caffiene intake that day. Not AR accurate, but a nicer feel, dependable (and every AR I had was dependable, so I do not understand that BS) and had a more "classic feel".

Top Bottom