• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    Looking for a .223,just to have and shoot,no hunting,no multi gun. Would prefer an autoloader, but not an AR type.
    I know mini's have a bad accuracy history,but are the new one's better than they use to be. Last one I had was 25+ years ago. I'm thinking about the TARGET MODEL. Thanks.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    No accuracy comparison between the original pencil barrels and the new models and I have both. Check out the new tactical model with the 16.12" barrel and flash supressor.

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    Thanks for all the feedback. I really wasn't sure what to expect. Anyway,now I have something to consider. If anyone has any info,good or bad on the target models,I would like to hear about them. If the std. and tacticals will shoot 2",I'm thinking maybe I should be looking for something at the 1500 show.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Im not sure on the target models. My mini 14 is the all weather model I guess you'd call it, stainless and synthetic. It will do 2" at 100 yd if I can do my part. Never had a malfunction, its tough.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I have an old stainless Mini 14 with a stainless factory folding stock and it is a neat gun. Fun to shoot at the range, and gets some looks. I say go for it if that is what you want.

Bigjon07

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I just purchased a mini 14 stainless synthetic stock. I was at the Roush lake gun range friday all after noon and sighted it in. I was shooting a 1'' group at a 100yds with a scope. Its not the most accurate rifle but not many guns are as fun to shoot, especially when you are hitting people on the other side of the range with your brass!!!:ar15: The range master gave me a brass deflector! All is better!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    The bad things about mini-14 is hard to find good mags cheap, thin barrel heat up very fast & there goes your accuracy.

The new ones do not have a thin barrel anymore so the days of them heating up after 5 shots is over. I have a Mini tactical and the barrel is just as thick as my M4 profile barrel.

Mr P.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Proud owner of a tactical Mini-14 with the ATI stock. Very nice weapon that shoots flawlessly!

Houdinih

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    In a Van Down By The River
    Mini14 target

I have the target version and I love it. You can check out its beauty in my pic album. I've unfortunately haven't been able to shoot it at targets over 250yds, but it will create a 1"group at that distance on winchester .223. I use it for coyote hunting and haven't ever had a problem. It is not a light rifle by any means ( bull barrell, compensator and lamenated stock). It gets more eews and ahhs than any of my other rifles. It will eat any ammo I feed it from Wolf to reloads. It has light recoil and a great trigger. I honestley think with the time and effort to create a good round and tuning the compensator you could create less than 1in groups with it.

Top Bottom