• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone that carries a gun needs to take Mindset Lab's FoF classes. Shay is a master at this stuff. You will get learned up. It is a humbling experience, an ego check. Take this class.

Shay, when you have the dynamic class I am sending a dude down from my crew.

TheAutomator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Anyone that carries a gun needs to take Mindset Lab's FoF classes. Shay is a master at this stuff. You will get learned up. It is a humbling experience, an ego check. Take this class.

Shay, when you have the dynamic class I am sending a dude down from my crew.

This is pretty much it. Get in these classes.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    We're one month out and there are still spaces available in both classes.

INGO, let's do some training!

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    3 weeks left.

Make your next gun "investment" and investment in yourself. Learn better ways to defend yourself.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    I'm in for the Flashlight class. As a college student going in to a building where firearms are not allowed, I could use some outside training on using what I can carry. I'll catch a FOF class later in the year if you do one. Anyone else want to join me from the NE area, I'll drive down?!

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I am sick of training.

Are observers welcome? If I see something I've not done before, I might sign up for the next class, for the experience.

Josh

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I am sick of training.

Are observers welcome? If I see something I've not done before, I might sign up for the next class, for the experience.

Josh

When you say you are sick of training, what exactly do you mean?

I understand your request to audit a class, but I do not allow observers. If you come to a class of mine, you should come with the Mindset to learn and learning comes from doing. This is especially true when it comes to Force on Force training.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    When you say you are sick of training, what exactly do you mean?

I understand your request to audit a class, but I do not allow observers. If you come to a class of mine, you should come with the Mindset to learn and learning comes from doing. This is especially true when it comes to Force on Force training.

Shay,

I mean I've had a buttload of training in the past (firearms of all sorts, H2H combatives, Aikido and other traditional martial arts, etc) too much real-world experience, and I'm at that point, I'm sure you know it, where a "punch is just a punch" anymore (Bruce Lee, Tao of Jeet Kun Do). I generally don't mention training I've received past vague references, as I'm sure some here have noticed. I do talk about training with the sheriff's dept on the Glock, but after that, no.

Just because a person has a paper does not mean he can apply it in real life, as I'm sure you know.

I admire your organization for doing the force-on-force. One caveat is that it's known that, win or lose, the student will be going out for pizza afterward.

Have you discussed training under the effects of pseudoephidrine hydrochloride?

One thing I like about you, Shay, is that you're not afraid to debate. I got tossed off of Suarez's board not for questioning his character (figure that was in the past) but for daring to debate his ideas about the use of the sling. My posts no longer say what they once did, either -- they've been edited. But que sera etc.

Haven't talked to you for a couple years, I don't think, but that last one, well, I walked away with new ideas, even though we disagreed. We also defined, IIRC, training vs practice. Remember that thread?

I feel that good training should be exchanged: If I am trained one way and you're trained another, the most beneficial training should be that which is exchanged. We both walk away with something new.

OK, tell you what. I'm not talking with my mouth wide open here for a couple reasons. First, I don't want to be seen as some sort of badass or wannabe badass here. Not for me. Second, several ideas could get me in dutch, or practices could get others hurt if not done correctly. Don't want to lead anyone down that road. Also still trying to wake up.

Let's go to email. wabatuckian@gmail.com will work.

Respectfully,

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom