• ...and so much more!
  • Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    ifof2.jpg

I've set the schedule for my next set of classes.

Mindset Lab | Real Training + Real Testing

When: Saturday - October 24, 2009
    What: Intro to Force on Force
    Where: Indianapolis, IN (2541 Kentucky Ave.)
    Cost: $150 + $25 (ammo fee)

When: Sunday - October 25, 2009
    What: Dynamic Force on Force Scenarios
    Where: Indianapolis, IN (2541 Kentucky Ave.)
    Cost: $150 + $50 (ammo fee)

Both classes back-to-back for $325 ($50 savings) or $25 off Dynamic Force on Force Scenarios for prior Intro to Force on Force graduates.

Here are the course descriptions:
    Intro to Force on Force

This class is the perfect first step for the long-time gun owner or recent novice. You will learn better ways to carry and draw a pistol and be introduced to useful tactics for before, during and after a deadly encounter.

Intro to Force on Force is built around the philosophy that the best way to retain defensive concepts is to learn them in context. Rather than start students on live fire exercises in an artificial 180 degree environment, why not use modern tools and techniques to give them skills in gun handling and defensive shooting for real environments?

We start off slow with plenty of blue gun work to safely model proper form and technique then move to firing marking rounds against static and dynamic attackers. The class concludes with a single scenario-based exercise to bring all of the concepts learned together and test them under stress.

This class is not so physical that you need to be in perfect shape to attend, but you will be expected to move and participate in active drills. Any prior injuries and disabilities can be easily accommodated.

Required gear:
    - Comfortable clothing
    - Groin protection (cup)
    - Pen or pencil
    - Drinking water and snacks

Optional gear:
    - Bluegun (Glock 19 loaners available)

Class length: One day
    Class times: 9 AM – 5 PM
    Class cost: $150 + $25 marking ammo fee
    Dynamic Force on Force Scenarios

This class picks up where the Intro to Force on Force class leaves off. It is a full day of scenario-based exercises to develop and test the student's actions under stress. Role players provide various levels of pressure and conflict in realistic scenarios.

Are you really ready to successfully defend yourself before, during and after an armed conflict?

Beyond an initial safety lecture, there is no formal classroom portion of this course. Each scenario will teach you more than any lecture ever could.

Prior to taking this course you must have taken Mindset Lab's Intro to Force on Force or another approved FoF or live-fire pistol class. Please send an email to info@mindsetlab.com if you have questions about this policy.

This class is not so physical that you need to be in perfect shape to attend, but you will be expected to move and participate in active drills. Any prior injuries and disabilities can be easily accommodated.

Required gear:
    - Comfortable clothing
    - Groin protection (cup)
    - Pen or pencil
    - Drinking water and snacks

Class length: One day
    Class times: 9 AM – 5:30 PM
    Class cost: $150 + $50 marking ammo fee
    Thank you!

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Instead of Blue gun would an orange muzzle marked airsoft be acceptable? If so would there be any retention drills in the intro class (not sure if I can get Sunday off too, Saturday alone will be real hard) that a more fragile airsoft gun wouldn't hack?

Thanks for offering this in Indy! If I can get it off I'll be there!

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Instead of Blue gun would an orange muzzle marked airsoft be acceptable? If so would there be any retention drills in the intro class (not sure if I can get Sunday off too, Saturday alone will be real hard) that a more fragile airsoft gun wouldn't hack?

Thanks for offering this in Indy! If I can get it off I'll be there!

Good question. I would prefer to use inert blue guns for the ECQ retention drills. As you noted airsoft guns can break and there is also the chance that a projectile could be fired unintentionally. Blue guns are tough as nails and have no posibility of firing anything.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Good question. I would prefer to use inert blue guns for the ECQ retention drills. As you noted airsoft guns can break and there is also the chance that a projectile could be fired unintentionally. Blue guns are tough as nails and have no posibility of firing anything.

I understand, that's why I was asking. I do my draw training with airsoft so I don't have blue gun now. But for retention drills I'd prefer a blue gun too.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    5 weeks until this class.

Here is a video of the types of things we will do in case you missed the other thread:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNyTJZZkHkA]YouTube - Mindset Lab - Intro to Force on Force![/ame]

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    I've taken both the Intro to FOF and the Flashlight Combatives class from Mindset. Excellent training. I would highly recommend attending one of Shay's classes.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Just under one month until these two classes. I'm still "holding" a few spots for people who have said they wanted to attend.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Still working awful hours and weekends with travel (I know, good problem to have), keep posting the classes. Maybe after the first of the year, looking forward to it.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I am not going to make it Shay. Thank you for making another great class available; but, fiscal prudence has come home to roost here a bit. I WILL make it to FOF!

That's a shame. I was looking forward to seeing you again in class. Maybe you'll be able to catch the next class.

Top Bottom